The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiple spring flower production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
I am looking for an effect like this to go in my act. I do not want to appear flowers on stems, but flowers that look more like this: http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......=M002291 However, at $2.99, the flowers from fingertips might not be too great of quality! Ronjo magic also sells a vernet flower holder (http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......e_Code=R) which looks cool but on the Daytona Magic website (http://www.daytonamagic.com/Accessories/AC12.htm) the flowers look much less realistic!
Has anyone used a multiple production of flowers like this in their act, or can anyone recommend anything?!
Thanks.
Sam
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The best quality spring flowers are made by Rick Thomas, I believe. They are not cheap, but they are excellent quality. He doesn't have a website, though his contact details are on this forum somewhere.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, go with the vernet version. They are also on Ronjo's site.

Where are you learning the productions from, out of interest?
magicsam
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicsam
Thanks Kevin,
In regards to where I'm learning the productions from, I thought that the vernet one was fairly simple, because they are in a holder? I was basically going to learn from the instructions that come with the flowers!
Would it be better to get a book or video on the subject?
Thanks.
Sam
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
It is possible to learn from the instructions, but remember that transfers etc. can be performed with these holders to show hands empty between productions.

All the brands of flowers require holders to be produced. If not, they will pop open unless you have continuous pressure on them, this is basically what the holder does.

Kevin
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2004-05-28 13:04, -The Scot- wrote:
The best quality spring flowers are made by Rick Thomas, I believe. They are not cheap, but they are excellent quality. He doesn't have a website, though his contact details are on this forum somewhere

Steve Thomas is the gentleman who makes the high quality spring flowers (McBride recommends him).

His contact info is on his website:

http://stevethomasmagic.s5.com/

These were the last set of prices I had in my notes
(check with Steve to make sure these are accurate):

SUPERIOR SPRING FLOWERS
colors: solid inside, Red, Green, White
Price: $24.00 per dozen
Specifly with or without strings

FLOWERS FROM THE FINGERTIPS
Colors: Solid inside, Red,Green or White
Price: $24;00 per dozen

SUPERIOR SPRING BILLS:
Price:15:00 per package of 10
When ordering, please include the number of flowers, type and color. Shipping
and handling is $5.00 extra. All orders are shipped by Priority Mail.
Make check payable to: Steve Thomas Magic.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I used to make them but it's not worth the trouble for the money you can get for them. Steve Thomas makes good stuff.

But routining is the key here as previously mentioned.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiple spring flower production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL