The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fragment video download by Michael Murray (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I really enjoy performing Fragment, and I realize that one of its strengths is that it can be done totally impromptu with a borrowed deck of cards - which is great. But the reality is, most of the time I perform this, I'm in a situation where no one has a deck of cards - just me...and in those circumstance, I actually prefer to use a marked deck. Why? Because during the performance, you're claiming to have read their mind and know their card - so when they finally deal down to the card but just before they turn it over I say "And your card was the 4 of hearts, right?" When they confirm it, I give them a slight smile like "Great, I got it!" and then they turn over the 4 or hearts (or whatever card they selected). Hope that makes sense, and hope I'm not giving anything away.

Completely logical. Nice!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I can obviously see how a marked deck would work with this but to me it’s whole strength is that it can be performed with any borrowed shuffled deck that doesn’t have to even be complete . You make much more use of a marked deck with effects than something that just doesn’t require it imo Gaz 🙂
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Completely agree, but if you're using your own marked deck anyway, might as well take advantage of it to put the cherry on top.

Quote:
On Apr 10, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I can obviously see how a marked deck would work with this but to me it’s whole strength is that it can be performed with any borrowed shuffled deck that doesn’t have to even be complete . You make much more use of a marked deck with effects than something that just doesn’t require it imo Gaz 🙂
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Another positive is that this can be performed over FaceTime or Skype too.

This is something I took advantage of in the early days of development Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Well with being able to perform this trick through facetime I think I'll have to pick it up. I've been wanting some more things that I could perform with the current situation we're in with the virus. I hope everyone is staying safe!
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
How sleight-heavy is this routine? Is it suitable for beginner/intermediate/advanced magicians?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Absolutely is doable & manageable , recommended and not sleight heavy at all.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2020, Rizzo wrote:
Absolutely is doable & manageable , recommended and not sleight heavy at all.

But may take a little bit of practice if you've not done this particular "move" before. It's not something that is difficult to master. Just takes some practice to get a feel for it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree but Michael offers a couple of other handlings which are super super simple and one I actually prefer to the main handling Gaz 🙂
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree but Michael offers a couple of other handlings which are super super simple and one I actually prefer to the main handling Gaz 🙂

Agree completely
Gary1976
View Profile
New user
Spain
25 Posts

Profile of Gary1976
Hi, I really want to purchase the download but everywhere I look it's a DVD. I live in Spain, and in the current situation it will take 2-3 weeks to get here, plus shipping will cost almost the same as the DVD. Is there anywhere I can purchase the download from? Thanks!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Maybe look on Michael's site?
magus0722
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magus0722
Gary1976,
How about: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13361

Hope that helps?

rochaz
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
See my review here, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/fE8_yUiYUqU
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Great reviews
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fragment video download by Michael Murray (60 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL