The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaymar Magic ADVENT CALENDAR! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Https://www.kaymarmagic.com/products/the......19-12-04

Hi everyone, I am 3 days into this 24-day journey where I receive 1 trick each day in my email (from 1-24 Dec), and I love the 3 tricks that I have received so far (2 card tricks + 1 mentalism card trick).

Liam says its "mostly card tricks" and literally NONE of it has been published before!

"Not only is all the material unpublished, but most of it hasn't ever been seen or read by ANYONE ELSE! It's just you, me and the trick!"

Best part is that all the lessons are in text, in the email - no attachments, no videos, nothing! Very retro!

While they rate it suitable for beginners, "There’s nothing more complicated than the occasional Double Lift or Elmsley Count.", I personally think it is for those with basic experience in handling cards since he does not explain how to do a "Biddle Count" for example, so you either need to already know how to do it, or be able to find out how to.

The effects (so far) are good, and took me 30-40 minutes to read and practise each one, before being able to show it around!

Do sign-up and although the countdown has already started, I'm sure Liam will be kind enough to send you the tricks you missed!

There's something about getting up in the morning and having a new trick to learn in your email!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Thanks for pointing this out! I had no idea it existed. Always been a huge fan of Liam’s card work. Genuinely one of my favorite creators of card magic. Always practical, simple, and hard hitting. Hopefully these will fall in the same category.

Madison
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
Yes, I'm a huge fan of Liam's work!

Just got my 4th email. It's getting better, and little harder to do than the previous 3 Smile

Enjoy!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Glad someone started a thread about this. Liam is a good friend but I was a fan even before I knew him. And, just for the record, he didn't ask me to flog this on the Café. I'm writing about it as I find it a genuinely exciting collection thus far. The tricks are top notch and very commercial. I will be adding two to my repertoire immediately. And, like patapn said, it's really fun to have a new trick show up in your mailbox every day. Highly recommended.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Any relation to the famous Kaymarr, the discount magician?

https://youtu.be/EIyl0GRvzJc?t=30
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
No, but that was one of the best acts I've ever seen.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
After receiving my 4th trick (its 4 Dec today!), I am convinced that you need to have some strong card handling basics in order to use some of his tricks!

Or, use it as an opportunity to learn them up!

Also want to mention that on 1 Dec, I did not receive any email from Kaymar, so I raised this on their chat, and ever since then, Liam has been personally emailing me the daily tricks while trying to figure out what has happened to the emails. Seems there were a few similar cases, but alas, mine remains the last unsolved mystery!

One can imagine the extra effort of having to email me daily, so this is nothing short of exemplary customer service!

For me, one of the great products of this Christmas!
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
I'm in Day 5 now, and today the effect comes from a routine in Nick Trost’s Subtle Card Creations, and is an experiment on both fate and free will.

This one is back to "moderate" card handling level, and Liam tells me that he has thrown in a few at "high" level, so that there will be something even for the experienced card magicians.

So far, I'm already showing #1, #2 and #3, and will likely be able to show #5 tomorrow. That just leaves me with #4, which is taking me a little longer ;-)
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2019, patapon wrote:
I'm in Day 5 now, and today the effect comes from a routine in Nick Trost’s Subtle Card Creations, and is an experiment on both fate and free will.

This one is back to "moderate" card handling level, and Liam tells me that he has thrown in a few at "high" level, so that there will be something even for the experienced card magicians.

So far, I'm already showing #1, #2 and #3, and will likely be able to show #5 tomorrow. That just leaves me with #4, which is taking me a little longer ;-)

Hi I'm considering taking the late plunge based on your reviews! For which thank you so much!
Can you tell us the names of the sleights that you considered advanced (or "high") moves? I'm assuming no real "knuckle busters." I hope!

Regards,
Phil
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
135 Posts

Profile of patapon
No knucklebusters Smile

Just perhaps some terms/moves that I was not familiar with... Jorden count, Radical Change style move, etc - so good time to learn them!

You will enjoy this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Kaymar Magic ADVENT CALENDAR! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL