The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good magnets (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StreetWitch
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
64 Posts

Profile of StreetWitch
In the past I have used magnets that came with the trabucco holdout. Those were the smallest and strongest magnets ever. However they stopped making them. Could anyone recommend a similar magnet? The thinner the better! Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have used K&J for years but I see thinner ones advertised from Jordan Victoria https://pctcproduction.com/products/extra-thin-magnets
If you just need the one size that thin, it is the place to go but if you want different sizes and shapes, K&J is the go to for me
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't mean to hijack this post, but

I've had some small/strong magnets (from Chazpro?) and after a year or so, they seemed to corrode from the inside and break through a shinny shell/encasing. They were just stored on a shelf in an office area (no moisture)

Thoughts?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I have had some magnets decrease in holding power too. Even though they are neodymium magnets. I think it is because they are very thin, about .5 mm thick.

So if your magnets are not working or grabbing well enough, you may need some new ones.
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
John:

Rare earth magnets, whilE very strong, are very brittle and have a tendancy to chip & break especially when snapped together.. I believe the nicle coating is an attempt to make them more robust,but they still are very brittle.
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To replunish a magnet, just put them close to a magnet and the power will transfer. Buying new ones is not the answer all the time, as you don't know how long they been in the warehouse.

They also sell magnet devices to recharge tools and such. Try Harbor Freight.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
This guy also has a ton of stuff. https://supermagnetman.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good magnets (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL