The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2 euro nickel allergy risk - "Healthy" alternative? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Noic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Noic
Hi,

I am from Europe and do most of my coin magic with 2 Euro coins. However, the Euro coins (especially the 1&2€ coins, due to their use of two alloys) are rather unhealthy, as they release a lot of nickel, which can cause allergies ( https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2......gy-risk/ ).Sounds a bit overcautious, but Nickel allergy is actually the most common allergy (at least where I live).

Do you know any similar coin that is comparable to the 2 euro coin in size and weight, which could be used for practice to minimize exposure to released nickel?

Many thanks!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The story said you should not hold the coin for longer than forty eight to seventy two hours.Grow up.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, ringmaster wrote:
The story said you should not hold the coin for longer than forty eight to seventy two hours.Grow up.

Are you always such a d*ck, or just when it comes to being sensitive to people with allergies?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't know the size of the coin you are asking about, but, if you do, or have one, try going to a coin shop and see what they have. If it is from their "junk" drawer, it will be cheap.

Another option is to coat the coin with clear nail polish, but it will be more slippery than usual.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2 euro nickel allergy risk - "Healthy" alternative? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL