The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » UF Grant's Nu way OOTW (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the OOTW variation above, as it's quick, slick and elegant, and seems impossible to a spectator. I have one little frustration with it though.

For people familiar with this variation, the final reveal requires a 'JW turnover', which (as I interpret it) means that when the second (squared up) pile is ribbon spread, there is just one face down card (the second marker card)??

This seems anomalous as if I was a spectator I'd expect either both marker cards in that pile to be reversed (or neither?!?). Hope this makes sense. I wondered what others thought of this, whether you present it in a slightly different way, or am I running when not being chased?!?

Cheers
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
I move the marker card in squaring up the piles to the top of the pile...to remove the discrepancy I slide it over the cards as they are squared up underneath
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2020, mattH wrote:
I move the marker card in squaring up the piles to the top of the pile...to remove the discrepancy I slide it over the cards as they are squared up underneath

Thanks Matt!! I just saw your post, so I'm going to have a play around with this when I get home tonight. Thanks again.

Steve
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Matt, there is also a nice subtlety at the end of an effect called 'my way out of this world' by Larry Hass which I just found out about Smile
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Yes...actually a very simple solution
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » UF Grant's Nu way OOTW (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL