The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Arkanos Cards Set by Matteo Filippini (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Another good looking set of cards from Matteo Filippini

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ark......=Arkanos

"Arkanos is based on the idea of creating a set of cards for reading, storytelling and other applications in the field of mystery entertainment (mentalism and bizarre magick but also illusionism), as an alternative to classic tarot decks or other divination cards.
They are 42 cards with eye-catching retro-style graphics, each card with a symbol capable of stimulating both the intuitive mind and creativity."

I couldn't resist...I've opted for the "Arkanos deck + physical book" pledge.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I love the overall concept, but once again, I am disappointed that the "discoloration" pattern is the same on every card. I really wish artists of these types of decks would spend just a little bit more time making sure that each card has a unique "distressing."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just got this KS notification late last night & was about to post it here this morning also, yes I went for a deck & book.
Looks intriguing & I loved his last tarot deck !
Cards look great from what he's shown & seems like they can have a place in our bizarre world.

Been some fantastic tarot decks last year on KS & looks like 2020 will have many new ones !
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I agree Philemon, maybe that would be a goal to reach for Matteo to individualy age or pattern each card, being that there are only 42.
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
Pledged! And I agree that the distressing should be more random.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Arkanos Cards Set by Matteo Filippini (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL