The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flaming business card is it worth it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmanchris
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of magicmanchris
I found the flaming business card on penguinmagic.com
for $35. I was wondering if it is worth that price.if not where can I get it for cheaper.
your magic is only real when you believe it's real.
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
Ive got hot leads and its amazing
Glenn Alloway
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton AB Canada
103 Posts

Profile of Glenn Alloway
Hot leads is Very much worth it. Don't buy the Afterburn. Hot leads is the most superior flaming business card. Very much worth it. Jim Pace is a genius
"This is madness and yet there is method in it." ~Shakespeare
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Yep, Hot leads is Jim Paces next (read that: latest) generation of flaming busines card.

Afterburn was first, and was not terribly bad. It really identified the need, and was pretty clever.

But it had some ignition problems, and so Jim Developed Hot leads.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Hot Leads is outstanding! However, there is one limitation to it.

If you have glossy business cards you might have a slight problem with the effect as your cards might "bubble" from the heat. (This is the only time that I can say that I regret having a premium, top quality business card!) But for the sake of effect it only cost $22.00 for 500 business cards that are only one color and not the premium stock.

That's a small price to pay for a great effect.
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
Were can I get these? they sound awsome and I have been thinking about doing shows that would be a great way to get known
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
What do you guys think of inferno? I have got it and I'm not really sure about it.
Matt
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Inferno is a stolen item and should not be purchased.
Other than that, it is a very cool effect I own the original.
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Jim,

I have Hot Leads and I have been enjoying it tremendously. My only problem is it does'nt go on the first click all the time. How can I adjust it?
Thanks !

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Rannie:

I had the same problem. My work-around is to press the “trigger” in part way as you start removing the card. This allows the gas to start out a little ahead of the igniter.

tommy k:

You will only have the blistering problem with “some” coated stock, it has nothing to do with the printing ink.

I do my cards in full color on just white stock (no glossy coated stock) and it works fine. I print them on an ink jet printer.

Bob
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
Thanks Wellington.

I have tried some other cards and have not had any problems at all. (The only problem is that I have 3000 "glossy" cards left to give out).

I am currently trying the same 4 color artwork on different card stock and I am close to settling on which will look best.

I have no problem having extra cards to give out - after all, isn't that why we have business cards?
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
What I meant was that I was the inventor of the original trick that was stolen from me. I am really not one to bragg I was just offering my feelings on the Inferno matter.
Devoted
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
16 Posts

Profile of Devoted
I have fully printed professionally done cards. And I had the biggest mess the first time I used Jim Pace gimmick. The ink would run because of the fuel. I had to get my print guy to gloss them afterwards to seal in the ink. So it's terriffic just talk to your printer and experiment
Looked up, there it was, gone
magicmanx
View Profile
New user
Working in Benidorm Spain
47 Posts

Profile of magicmanx
That is strange devoted, as my business cards are also done professionally and are not glossed ...yet work perfectly. Absolutely right though...get a sample done first... try it out..and if you want a very eye catching way of giving out your business card you can not beat this... Jim you are a genius !!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Gotta say thanks to Mr. Pace. Hot Leads have got me referrals and recommendations that I 'know' I never got before with the same act and a normally handed out card. It just gives it that final 'wow' and guarantees they'll remember you.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
magoman42
View Profile
New user
vince ginardi
1 Post

Profile of magoman42
My business cards are playing cards with my face on them, will they work?
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Magoman,
I am sorry that a playing card will delaminate and just look awful when handed out. I know this because my cards are playing cards also. I use my store cards for my effect.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
On another note, check what type of fuel you use.

I had a really old bottle of Zippo that worked with my cards perfectly, but it ran out, and I bought a cheaper brand of ligher fluid.

It causes the raised ink on my cards to "slide" off the card.... The shapes are there but it seperated the clear raised part from the card.

So I tried buying Zippo brand again, and it still doesn't work with my cards(regular kinko's raised ink cards).

So anyway, does anyone know if they changed chemicals in the last few years or what? Anyone know where to obtain raised ink friendly fuel?
dew
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dew
Howdy,
I am looking for a copy of Hot Leads by Jim Pace.
Does anyone know where someone could find a copy.
Thank You for your help.
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Copy? What are you asking for?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flaming business card is it worth it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL