The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 Shell Game (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trevorjeffries
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Trevorjeffries
Just want to highlight the incredible range of professional shells designed and crafted by Al Lamfers (www.3shells.com) I have been performing the shells for well over twelve years and have purchased a good number of the shells currently available, all be it, there where some small deficiencies in their designs. However, by pure chance I discovered Al's name mentioned here on the Magic Café and what a gift that has been!
Al's knowledge and expertise are second to none, and his shells are absolute delight to use, there is not a move that cannot be accomplished by them with absolute ease! I have purchased two sets from him, the Antique Monk Shells and the 'Classic Nickel Silver Shells that come with extra peas, customised glass and a Custom Shell Set Case. The whole kit are perfection, and I can honestly say that there is nothing else that comes close to these. I would highly recommend that any serious Shell worker take a look at at www.3shells.com
Words are not enough to do justice to the incredible workmanship that has gone into the thought, design and overall efficiency that these shells place in the hands of the shell worker. (Incredible)

Also, the kind, and insightful advice, and efficiency that Al provided in dealing with my order was exemplary, Al is a true gentleman and deserves our serious attention. Hope that other Three Shell Workers will find this helpful!
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I purchased a set from 3 shell a year ago and love them. I think mine are the top shelf vintage shells. I picked up a case for them from The Ambitious Card and they fit nicely inside.
Trevorjeffries
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

So pleased that you love your 'Top Shelf Vintage' shells from Al, the thing is that very few people realise the incredible craftsmanship and thought that goes into his work and the range of shells that he has on offer!
Just a thought, have you (Action Jack) used any other shells before using Al's and what specifically has been your own experience in using Al's shells?
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Just can echo the praise for his shells. I do have the Cork Ball Thimblerig set from him and it is an absolute delight to work with.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Trevor, the Top Shelf shells were my first true set of shells after graduating from bottlecaps. I'm still loving them.
Trevorjeffries
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Hi AJ, sounds like you got off to a brilliant start! It has taken me some time before discovering Al’s shells, but what a difference they have made, such a joy to work with.
What specifically has been your experience in working with AL’s ‘Top Shelf Shells’ ?
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I enjoy working with the shells much more than the bottle caps I was using. The shells are easy to hold and they do their job, I just need to practice my routine more. As far as their appearance they look very nice.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I've ordered five sets of shells from Al Lamfers at www.3shells.com and just purchased another set ... I'm now waiting for them to come. I work with both cork balls and the soft peas. Al is a great guy and everything I've bought from him is absolutely top quality! He's also a fantastic resource on the shells. I'm a happy customer. Smile
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
Trevorjeffries
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

So please you posted your experience buying from Al, he’s the best and as previously mentioned- he knows what he’s talking about and it shows in the superb quality of his shells.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
352 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Thank you all so much!!

Your kind comments make me want to always bring my best.

I'm lucky to have such good customers where most have become friends and this is why I love doing what I do.

Best regards,
Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Al is the best. Quality is at it’s top. Creativity and innovation are inequivalent.
Only match is https://www.derriedmichl.com/shop in Germany where you can find the best peas in the world.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
They may be he best peas in the world, but shipping is as much as the peas from Germany to the US.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Havent tried these german ones, but ill stick to the shells from al any day!!!! Im still trying to save up for another set from Al.... I love the bottom ridge shells, Its got that extra for the smart alecs in the crowd...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I just bought a set of shells from Al Lamfers at 3shells.com. They're a new set he's just released. They're bronze inside, but look exactly like a real walnut shell on the outside. I have quite a number of Al's shell sets, and really love them all. But this one is quite nice because it gives the extra heft and weight of a metal set, while looking like a very natural walnut shell on the outside. They have a nice, high gripping surface due to the shells design, are a nice nice weight for kick moves, but are still very easy to handle and manipulate. They work with both soft peas and cork balls. If you haven't already seen them I'd go take a look. I love mine. They might be perfect for others, too, who like a heavy shell but like the natural look! Go to Al's site and look under "New Items." Great job, Al!
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 Shell Game (28 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL