The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cross post - BOR video sales? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Cross posted from the hypno group by request -

I've been debating posting this, but we'll see where it goes.

How many of you sell videos of the show afterwards?
How many of you sell 'other' hypnosis products like audio programs that help you sleep, etc. after the show? (Or whatever would apply to whatever business you are part of)
And what percentage would you say those sales make up of your income for any given show? On average, of course.

I ask because I've been looking into shifting into hypnosis shows more seriously (with training first, don't worry guys), and I keep seeing people online talk about doing BOR sales, but I never actually see it in the shows I attend. Now, I've seen very few hypnosis shows so it's entirely possible I'm seeing the outliers. So I'm curious - how common is this any more?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I think BOR is a topic that many are aware of but few understand it's potential. There seemed to be a trend in magic a while back with an influx of "instant" products (books, magic kits, etc.) that were popular, but I think those that have done well are those that make the effort to create their own offerings or at least their own branded offerings.

I too would be interested in how many here are doing some version of BOR sales at their performances? It can be another source of income for your performing business when approached properly. The problem I often see if some (believe) they have tried it, sales were disappointing, so they deemed it as "It didn't work."

This is an area I work with many of my coaching/consulting clients on that becomes a real eye-opener for most once properly realized and understood. I have seen so many times where their BOR sales becomes more than their performance fee.

Hopefully other will chime in on this as well as it is a business topic many seem to be interested in.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I know DD knows quite a bit about this topic.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Cross post - BOR video sales? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL