The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool Trick of the Convention? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Stagnant is right, definitely a unexciting year all round. I was really disappointed with Alakazam’s releases, for weeks before they we’re saying how it is for sure their best year ever for releases, and well, it really wasn’t. It was a redo of symbol with bigger cards, a redo of exchange with bigger cards, an ID but with uno cards and a rather uninspiring bill change. Best ever? They used to regularly have some great stuff but have been off the boil for ages. After the slightly smaller mindspy what’s next? The grail gold pro size London collection 2.0 deluxe 2020 edition?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I find it very difficult to get hyped or even care about an effect like Frequency if I don't even know what it is, what it does or what the routine/effect is?

Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, gassaox wrote:
Frequency Peter Eggink ,easy to carry easy to do ,old technique but he surely fooled me with his phone it’s a winner brilliant
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Stagnant is right, definitely a unexciting year all round. I was really disappointed with Alakazam’s releases, for weeks before they we’re saying how it is for sure their best year ever for releases, and well, it really wasn’t. It was a redo of symbol with bigger cards, a redo of exchange with bigger cards, an ID but with uno cards and a rather uninspiring bill change. Best ever? They used to regularly have some great stuff but have been off the boil for ages. After the slightly smaller mindspy what’s next? The grail gold pro size London collection 2.0 deluxe 2020 edition?

You missed out one of their better new releases.
Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
Thought I'd share some of my favourites I saw at Blackpool Magic Convention...

Invisible Deck Kicker - David Penn, World Magic Shop

Voodoo Needle - Aeon Sun, Deceptive Dreamz

Pocket Nightmare - Max Maven, Penguin Magic

Switch One - Christian Grace, Vanishing Inc. Magic

The Real Box/ Sharpless - Wayne Fox

3 Card Joe - Joe Monti, PropDog

The Medal - Matthew Wright

Metal Phone - João Miranda

Candy Cash - TumiMagic

CubeSmith - Benke Smith
Q U I N
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks, Nigel.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hello,

I would also like to know the effect of Peter Eggink's Frequency, what does it do?

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, BMWGuy wrote:
Hello,

I would also like to know the effect of Peter Eggink's Frequency, what does it do?

Alex

Difficult to say without exposure but imagine a subtle cueing device housed in a very common utility.

Hope this helps
Chuds
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2020, JanForster wrote:
Probably we simply expect too much, every second day a killer routine or so... absolutely impossible, as we know - but we wish it would be like this. The rhythm has to be fast, I understand, magic and mentalism compete and follow the spirit of our time... we should consume a lot and all the time... You wish something, you get it, short time after that, the joy is gone and you have to satisfy your next want or must have. The magic industry tries already to pick up with it... and therefore we find a lot of useless garbage, but excellent marketing... Smile ... Jan

I think there is to an extent responsibility on us consumers, in that we have this desire to keep buying new stuff, but the magic world as a whole has become very iterative. Just look at 2 of the big releases of the blackpool convention. A remake of a remake made in to a phone. very cool, I imagine very well made but a variation on a theme none the less and an updated kicker for invisible deck with a 52:1 card which is as old as the hills!

To he clear, that’s not a criticism of either in anyway as both seem well thought out and well executed, but as a consumer, it’s not particularly exciting to me and in this instance, they’ve taken the originals further forward but now consider how many variations on oil and water we get or sandwhich effects (as an example) and its no wonder things feel a little stagnant. All that said, this year’s releases do feel particularly lack lustre. I generally see at least one thing I really want from blackpool

Reminds me of the movies these days.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Yeah; absolutely saysold! Totally agree.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, Nigel Quinn wrote:

Candy Cash - TumiMagic

CubeSmith - Benke Smith

Spot on Nigel! I have been looking into all of them you have on the list and agree they are the ones that have made an impression for me.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, Nigel Quinn wrote:

Candy Cash - TumiMagic

CubeSmith - Benke Smith

Thanks Nigel! Love it! Anyone else?
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
CubeSmith - By Benke Smith.
Also PeekSmith - By Benke Smith

The Stranger integration into Illuminati Unifi app.
Many of the Illuminati products were available off the shelf.

Z Wallet Pro with out to lunch feature.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Who was selling the linking colored hangars? is there a website?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, Doric wrote:
Obviously...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBb0LD3G04

I have one of these, I can't figure out how to set it up though. Anybody have instructions which makes sense and easy to follow for this? LoL. I'm obviously not trying to perform it seriously for folks, but just to futz around with.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Its jl magic they all sold out
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
The Modern Z Wallet Pro with torn corner Rainbow gimmick from Patrick Kun was my best purchase at Blackpool this year....In fact it was my only purchase and my Wife was suitably impressed on both counts!! Smile

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Harley Remington
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Harley Remington
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Obviously...

I have one of these, I can't figure out how to set it up though. Anybody have instructions which makes sense and easy to follow for this? LoL. I'm obviously not trying to perform it seriously for folks, but just to futz around with.

Maybe this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w49XX3ijv10

or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwPs0HN2hY
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
3 Card Joe is eight years old, at least.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, Harley Remington wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Obviously...

Maybe this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w49XX3ijv10

or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwPs0HN2hY

Second link was perfect! Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool Trick of the Convention? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL