The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Has the coronavirus resulted either in the cancelling of shows or in changes to how and what you per » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I was wondering if the coronavirus has resulted in the cancelling of shows or in how and what you perform. Would the basic task of asking for a borrowed bill or asking someone to simply pick a card from a deck that you just shuffled would now be considered inappropriate?
Thank you for your comments.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Good questions. I was wondering when this was going to be a topic here.
Been leaning towards stand up material now and less “in the hands” tricks.
Think of a card over pick a card. Sign of the times. Took the hand sanitizer card prediction on label out for first time in years.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks for raising this Michael. If you have the option I think it could be best to perform effects which are for show rather than ask people to handle lots of things. This, for mentalism, could pose problems - maybe I ought to go on a crash course in metal bending!
For all in The Café, take care and stay safe.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I cancelled a performance last night at a resort. Closeup for 400 visitors to the Big Island fresh off of the plane. The person planning the event understood. I just booked a show in mid april with a rider that either party could cancel should the situation warrant.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There's already a 4 page topic running on this subject. No point starting a new one.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=44
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Has the coronavirus resulted either in the cancelling of shows or in changes to how and what you per » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL