The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren at the Dog Track (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 07:52, francisco wrote:
Ooh sorry Mike I apologise, I mis-read!

in another forum [complete derren brown forum] shrink says
---------------------------------------------------

OK, I see that he does like Derren Brown but is a liar! He does indeed and regularly open DB threads heh heh OK someone else shout at me now, K of D seems to follow me around like a follower - I dunno whats up with that

-Francisco

I like Derren but I don't like reading mindless posts that just distract from the forum. Some of the DB threads are fine and contribute. I really miss some of the great pros who used to post here. But I guess I am wasting my time trying to get that over to some of you.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
I agree that there has been a lot of Derren posts around here, and I think that nothing is to be learnt by focusing upon another performer so much.
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Steve,

I don't see how you come to that conclusion. It's impossible not to learn something by taking note of the work of experts in your field. If you don't do it, you are missing out.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
Derren is good at what he does, comes across convincingly and is entertaining. I really am not surprised he has caught the imagination of many people. He is good and has worked extremely hard to get where he is. There aren't any shortcuts.

But too many seem to concentrate on who Derren is and think that by emulating him they will achieve his success rather than concentrating on themselves. Whilst dissecting what he does can be an intellectual challenge, to seek to do this and go out and then go out and perform your own interpretation of it is not only wrong, but unlikely to work for you.

You will learn much more discussing his performance, audience handling, presentational abilities than trying to work out "how it is done"---unless of course your goal is to smugly sit there thinking "I know how that's done".

Marc Climens
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren at the Dog Track (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL