The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trip: new coin book by Rick Holcombe (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
I just noticed on YouTube that Rick is 10 years younger... Smile
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
86 Posts

Profile of bassinator
I just purchased Rick's eBook, and I look forward to reading it. I'm just starting out with coins, but Rick's YouTube videos have been great instruction so far. Even if the book is a little advanced for me, I'm sure I can grow into it. I wanted to go ahead and contribute to him and his family for his generosity with the free stuff, especially through these strange times we live in these days. Keep it up Rick!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2020, Rick Holcombe wrote:
Thanks cointrymaven for the kind words.

Anyone interested can send $15 to

paypal.me/rickholcombe

I will email you the ebook directly.

Dang! I was thinking this was an actual book.
Oh well, good luck with it Rick. I'll be first in line if you ever decide to publish one day. Smile
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2020, Rick Holcombe wrote:
Thanks cointrymaven for the kind words.

Anyone interested can send $15 to

paypal.me/rickholcombe

I will email you the ebook directly.

Dang! I was thinking this was an actual book.
Oh well, good luck with it Rick. I'll be first in line if you ever decide to publish one day. Smile

I did print a run of 20 physical copies. I have sold them in person at conventions over the past 2 years. I do have a couple left, unfortunately the price goes up because of the printing and mailing costs. Let me know if you want a physical copy.
bbeishline
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bbeishline
Rick, could you list the contents out for us? I just watched your rolling retention vanish video on YouTube last night and really liked it. Is it on there? It's always nice to have a written description as well as a video tutorial. I took a look at the site but would like a little more detail about what's actually in there.

Thanks,

Ben
nyborn
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of nyborn
Quote:
On May 15, 2020, bbeishline wrote:
Rick, could you list the contents out for us? I just watched your rolling retention vanish video on YouTube last night and really liked it. Is it on there? It's always nice to have a written description as well as a video tutorial. I took a look at the site but would like a little more detail about what's actually in there.

Thanks,

Ben

Ditto!
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, Rick Holcombe wrote:
Thank you all for the continued support!

I've set up a very simple website where you can now purchase the ebook and Sly Palm too!

Go here
www.rickholcombe.bigcartel.com

Hi Rick!

I checked out your website and clicked on Trip but I didn't see a description of the routines in the book. Can you kindly share a little bit on the contents with us? Many thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Sorry Guys, just saw this...

There are 6 sleights taught which are used in the routines. Some of these are brand new and some are variations on existing sleights.

All the routine use just 3 coins, hence the title "trip"

The first routine "Compression" 3 coins are compressed into one and then compressed into nothing. They are brought back one by one in 3 different ways.

The next routine "Three's A Crowd" is a fun 3 coin routine accomplished with just 2 coins. The coins vanish, reappear, then travel to the coin purse.

The last routine "Trinity" is my reworking of Gary Kurtz's "Trio", but done with 3 ungimmicked coins.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Nice!!! Thanks for the descriptions, Rick!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Rick. The delay is no problem. I don't remember a better, more complete answer about a book. With videos etc.
This book is worth it for anyone. The 'Lazy Himber", and "Three's A Crowd" are just great. Some problems in coin magic are solved here for the first time.
Anyone who decides to do magic with small objects like coins that they can carry at all times, will definitely benefit from this groundbreaking book. A book for now and the future. Just click buy. You will keep coming back to this. I promise you.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I just set up a new website and you can see a full description of each sleight along with the routines described.

I've also added a new project on there for the Okito Box lovers called "Ouside The Box". There is a trailer there too.

https://rickholcombemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trip: new coin book by Rick Holcombe (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL