The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An odd occurrence. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With the Zombie Apocalypse upon us and such I've improvised using a local baseball field to train and work my dog. Actually it may be my new go to place it has perfect and don't know why I didn't think of it before.

So we're there every day, a couple times a day and at first I didn't know of the groundskeeper would be happy. He seems to like to watch him run and work so that is good. But today he did the strange thing. He thanked me for picking up if the dog needs to be picked up after. Very nice of him to say so, but it occurs to me that it should not be something that is so unusual that a guy needs to thank me. He said so many don't bother. How sad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Yes, being a dog owner myself, I’m happy to see that most people in my neighborhood pick up after their dogs. But there’s always one or two idiots who refuse, leaving large dog deposits for others to step on.

Amazing how some people don’t have any consideration or sense of responsibility.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, arthur stead wrote:
Yes, being a dog owner myself, I’m happy to see that most people in my neighborhood pick up after their dogs. But there’s always one or two idiots who refuse, leaving large dog deposits for others to step on.

Amazing how some people don’t have any consideration or sense of responsibility.

Yea it disturbs me more when I think of it like that. Everything from leash laws to to controlling the animal to not picking up is a lack of responsibility you're right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
There’s one pretty stocky guy who walks a small fluffy dog without a leash. The first time I encountered him, his dog started crossing the street, heading straight for me and my dog. I warned him to keep his dog away, but he just stood there grinning. As the dog got closer, I picked up my dog, because I was afraid my dog might bite his. The last thing I need is another hefty vet bill.

I told the dog owner if he didn’t control his dog and stop it from approaching, I would kick it. (Of course I wouldn’t, but I was afraid an uninvited meeting would result in a dog fight). The idiot just stood there, while I carried my dog in a different direction. Eventually this turned into a shouting match, with both of us using a variety of insults and curse words. At one point the dog owner came at me with arms raised, as if ready to fight, saying, “You think I’m scared of you?” I just kept walking away, still hurling insults at him.

In retrospect, I handled this very badly. And I’m still amazed at my own bravado, because this burly fellow could have flattened me with one punch. In subsequent encounters, I have not confronted him and his leash-less dog, instead opting to cross the street or change direction. But he always verbally taunts me. Reporting him would be pointless, because where I live both the police and the animal control people are useless. I’ve thought of buying him a leash, but that might just incite another possible violent confrontation. Better to just avoid people like him.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
There's a company that actaully will do DNA tests of dog poop and ID offenders:

https://www.pooprints.com/

A few years ago while in Air Force, I lived in gated apartment complex that was having dog poop problems, and they threatened to bring in a service like this.

Of course it only work if you get samples from all the dogs...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, arthur stead wrote:
There’s one pretty stocky guy who walks a small fluffy dog without a leash. The first time I encountered him, his dog started crossing the street, heading straight for me and my dog. I warned him to keep his dog away, but he just stood there grinning. As the dog got closer, I picked up my dog, because I was afraid my dog might bite his. The last thing I need is another hefty vet bill.

I told the dog owner if he didn’t control his dog and stop it from approaching, I would kick it. (Of course I wouldn’t, but I was afraid an uninvited meeting would result in a dog fight). The idiot just stood there, while I carried my dog in a different direction. Eventually this turned into a shouting match, with both of us using a variety of insults and curse words. At one point the dog owner came at me with arms raised, as if ready to fight, saying, “You think I’m scared of you?” I just kept walking away, still hurling insults at him.

In retrospect, I handled this very badly. And I’m still amazed at my own bravado, because this burly fellow could have flattened me with one punch. In subsequent encounters, I have not confronted him and his leash-less dog, instead opting to cross the street or change direction. But he always verbally taunts me. Reporting him would be pointless, because where I live both the police and the animal control people are useless. I’ve thought of buying him a leash, but that might just incite another possible violent confrontation. Better to just avoid people like him.

Wow. How sad is it that you are the one looking for a solution AND feel bullied?

I am fortunate that I am built like a lowland gorilla, plus the dog is a 75lb German Sheperd I'm training for personal protection.

That sucks this is happening to the guy being RESPONSIBLE when you walk your dog.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
With the Zombie Apocalypse upon us and such I've improvised using a local baseball field to train and work my dog. Actually it may be my new go to place it has perfect and don't know why I didn't think of it before.

So we're there every day, a couple times a day and at first I didn't know of the groundskeeper would be happy. He seems to like to watch him run and work so that is good. But today he did the strange thing. He thanked me for picking up if the dog needs to be picked up after. Very nice of him to say so, but it occurs to me that it should not be something that is so unusual that a guy needs to thank me. He said so many don't bother. How sad.

There are a LOT of things in life that SHOULDN'T be so exceptional that the person doing them deserves praise. But, sadly, it is true that these things ARE rare to see, and the people doing them (you, for example) deserve praise for doing what should be obvious to everyone.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An odd occurrence. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL