The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ipod tripod? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi Everybody,

Does anyone know of a tripod, with highly flexible angle settings, that can hold an iPod touch 7? Here are the dimensions:

123.4 mm (4.86 in) Height; 58.6 mm (2.31 in) Width; 6.1 mm (0.24 in) Depth

I checked on Amazon and they have some promising-looking products that hold a *smart phone* in place using a clamp, but no one admits to having one that would fit an ipod. Maybe I'm the last person on earth who has an ipod and not a smart phone. Smile Anyway, I thought I'd check just in case someone here has experience with such tripods. I want to film myself performing magic, with the ipod in a mini-tripod, and the tripod sitting on a stack of books or the like, so as to be roughly at the position of a spectator's eyes.

Or I could use a tall tripod with a clamp-like attachment, but that would probably be significantly more expensive. I'm open to suggestions; trying to rig something up with mostly what I already have.

Often the maximum width of the clamp is listed, but it's the minimum that I need. I want the clamp adjust narrow enough so that it won't drop the ipod.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Bob
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
There are many ways to make a phone or mp3-player stand up without forking a lot of dough...

Tried any of these 'hacks' ? https://fixthephoto.com/diy-iphone-tripod.html Doesn't seem like much, but if you knew the number of pro photographers who carry along a sand bag just to sit their expensive DSLR camera on it...
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Paul -- what a lot of clever ideas! The very first idea -- the two V-shapes cut out of the rim of a disposable cup -- may be just what I need, since I adjust the width of the V to get the camera pointing a somewhat downward angle.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Hello Bob, Interesting you should bring this up. I just made a DIY tablet holder for when I film videos. Mine is made from an ice cream bucket. Check it out:

Don't blame me if you need to eat all the ice cream first, prior to making this. LOL!

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Ha ha! Thanks, Mark, that's clever. What flavor do you recommend?

See you,

Bob
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On May 7, 2020, Bob G wrote:
Ha ha! Thanks, Mark, that's clever. What flavor do you recommend?

See you,

Bob

Vanilla, of course! Easier to clean out whatever might remain. Smile

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ipod tripod? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL