The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for a similar sleight to the Roadrunner Cull... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of ssibal
There is a video on YouTube with Harry performing called “The Great Divide”. To me it just looks like one color is being jogged as he goes through the deck. Not sure I would consider the process of jogging several cards a move per se and I can see how people could independently come up with the idea of up/down jogging specific cards while running through the deck.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Wasn't Karl Fulves reviving Charles Jordan's separation work from the 1920s when Lorayne suddenly rushed his Great Divide into print?

Fulves and Lorayne lived only 16 miles apart.

No.
Count Hatrick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Count Hatrick
When doing an effect with a set up, I usually try to be one ahead. i.e. get set up in place during a previous effect, or just toying with the deck and talking with the spectators - then do a different effect that leaves the setup in place. Then you can go straight into the setup effect with no hesitation.
Was lucky enough to see Harry lecture in the early 90s and he fried us all with The Great Divide. This flies past spectators as long as you have good motivation for running through the pack - and you stay focused on that reason (typical misdirection really).
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Harry was the Master at 1,2,or 3 ahead when setting up tricks. I'm not talking about stacking though. Instead of one trick pony's that is seen a lot today, try thinking way ahead.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for a similar sleight to the Roadrunner Cull... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL