The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Steve Spill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
What is your favorite Steve Spill book and why? I’d like to get one. I’m just not sure which yet!
aLittleMentalist
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Start with I Lie for Magic, available through Amazon as a Kindle. This will introduce you to Steve. I've known Steve for decades and I must tell you he is brilliant. He is also a very kind chap and a very giving man. How To Make Love the Steve Spill Way is his first major hardback, and well worth purchasing. Feel free to contact him through his website: https://stevespill.com/.
Tell him Abe says Hi.
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Thanks Abe! I will look into those.
aLittleMentalist
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
HOW TO MAKE LOVE THE STEVE SPILL WAY
& MAGIC IS MY WEED
Both books are coming out in new softcover editions. The hardcovers of these books sold for $125 each and were out of print within a year. The softcover editions are $75 and go out to customers early March 2021. To ensure you get yours, specify LOVE or WEED, or LOVE & WEED, and PayPal to info@stevespill.com
USA orders add $8 postage and handling - total cost per book $83.
International orders add $25 postage and handling - total cost per book $100.
Here are descriptions of the books from when they were first issued in hardcover:

https://stevespill.com/products/how-to-make-love

https://stevespill.com/products/magic-is-my-weed
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
JUST POSTED ON STEVESPILL.COM

If you’ve followed my career, been to my shows, or read my previous books, I wrote ASSASSIN just for you.

It’s a 260 page turner hardcover that can advance your career, both artistically and lucratively, either to take you to the next level or to get you back on track. Whatever the case, over the last five decades I’ve been there, and in terms of what I know, no stone has been left unturned. Some think, “Only a few special people can make it.” There are only a handful of Penn & Tellers and Copperfields in this world, but there are moderately successful magicians who live amazing lives. You can be one of them.

If you are a competent performer and need a full calendar of gigs, a residency, or want to own your own theater - be like me and get those things… my step-by-step guide, from real-life experience instead of theory, encompasses one-third of this book. Some readers will only be interested in audience-tested material they can do to bring laughs and surprises, included are these twelve little gems right here…

THIRD EYE
A lot of mentalism seems to be about suggesting it’s the art of suggestion or that one has a sharply developed sense of non-verbal communication or other psychological or scientific influence or precognitive ability. You can’t say that about this merrymaking wonderworker that features a telepathic fish expiration date projector, cleverly disguised as an ordinary flashlight. What can be said, without giving everything away, is that audiences will tell you they had no idea you were this amazing and amusing. A thing of real beauty that’s real magic and real funny. Another plus, this routine also makes use of a real fake fish eye.

LOVE LETTER
A prediction that’s not a magician’s prediction-comes-true scenario. It’s all about a twist in time, a clumsy mistake in the postal system. You received a yellowed-with-age love letter from the year 1914. Even though they’d be well over a hundred-years-old today, you wish you could find the person it was written to. Instead an unintended reverse forecast, fortune telling from the past thing happens, involving members of your audience. Though not my intention, someone once told me this trick was proof of reincarnation.

ENZYMES
In this experiment, plastic eating enzymes devour a borrowed credit card into nothingness which reappears, restored, in a gift-wrapped box of Cracker Jack.

CHOKER
A Public Service Announcement about how to save a restaurant choking victim that finishes with the surprise appearance of a large bottle of wine.

YOUR TOASTER IS EVIL
Your toaster - that burns everything - has a bad influence on your empty microwave, from which appear multiple cans of burnt vegetables and a real live burnt bunny rabbit.

WEAPONIZED DENTURES
If you are looking for a good holiday themed routine to add to your act, you might consider a Santa hat that doubles as a change bag or a trick about Rudolph. This is neither of those things. What we have here is a chattering teeth card revelation that tells a holiday story which is absolutely completely different in both script and effect to Terry Seabrook’s chattering teeth card revelation.

CUBISM
Solving a Rubik’s Cube as a magic trick does not, aesthetically, appeal to me. But this little caper does, because it’s a mystery with a painting of an unsolved Rubik’s Cube, done with crayons, by Picasso.

JAVA SCRIPT
Nothing to do with a programming language that is one of the core technologies of the World Wide Web, this is a recurring bit of connective tissue to tie your show together with a Thermos that’s constantly proved empty, but repeatedly replenishes itself, and ultimately fills nine clear mugs with black coffee.

TOXIN
A quick infomercial about the new Toxins from Around the World Collection. Those who do this routine demo the first offering, Nuclear Waste, by multiplying their fingers which glow and are eaten and then blow into their thumbs and grow giant ten-inch mutant fingers.

PINK FLAMINGO
There was a time - for real - when I was a fashion show MC, that’s when this bit with invisible accessories was tailored. The surprise climax happens when a lit candle - used for meditative purposes - transforms into the exact color and design of an invisible pocket square imagined by a spectator. Here’s the routine intro, “When I started in the comedy magic game, every magician wore a tuxedo, and every comedian wore a T shirt and jeans. In terms of fashion, as a comedy magician, I was a wardrobe half breed… one foot in each craft… until I met a stylist…”

HAIRLESS WONDER
A striking practical example of a one-off special routine developed for a corporate event that’s a how-to object lesson, done with photo blow-ups of famous women you didn’t know were actually bald. Their names are - Oprah, Cher, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Dolly Parton.

BARNACLES
A unique method and presentation for the classic Chess Knight’s Tour.

Hardcover book available for pre-order now, shipping in May - ORDER HERE - stevespill.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Steve Spill (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL