The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dick Barry's New Effect " Intuition" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blackmagicguy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of blackmagicguy
This is a cool effect for Close-up, Strolling, Family Game Night, even an occasional Bar Bet. Don't forget you are in complete control of the outcome. Your mark, is guessing and you are choosing the outcome. It is packaged nicely, packs small and plays big. You can do this right out of the case, and for those who feel you might be reading the backs of the cards to make your prediction, you can do it blindfolded, behind your back, or under the table. All you have to do is make the prediction verbally before you bring the card out to place it next to included red or black markers. I have really enjoyed the simplicity of this effect. You can learn the technique in just a few minutes and the more you handle the cards the better you get. This is a winner for me because it easy to understand, even easier to explain and very fast to play. It is fun with different outcomes each time you do it. This is a small card effect you will carry with you and be excited to challenge your friends with! Nice Job Dick Barry! (Handled by Hocus-Pocus Magic)
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks good. It talks about out of this world type tricks. We all love those.

What are the colored markers for. To keep Score?
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Blackmagicguy and John C - Thank you both for your comments regarding my latest trick "INTUITION". I love "Out of this World" and this has the same theme but works entirely differently.
It is really a magic trick disguised as a game. The faces of the cards are not marked. You secretly know if the card is black or red by just picking it up. The markers mentioned by
John C are small laminated squares that are black and red and tell where to place the card the player thinks is black or red. Comes in a beautiful black metal box. A fun trick for all ages.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2020, Dick Barry wrote:
Blackmagicguy and John C - Thank you both for your comments regarding my latest trick "INTUITION". I love "Out of this World" and this has the same theme but works entirely differently.
It is really a magic trick disguised as a game. The faces of the cards are not marked. You secretly know if the card is black or red by just picking it up. The markers mentioned by
John C are small laminated squares that are black and red and tell where to place the card the player thinks is black or red. Comes in a beautiful black metal box. A fun trick for all ages.

So good to learn Dick is creating more magic. I had thought you went full retirement. Have met you at many Stan Kramien Magic Jubilees and Ring lectures.
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Hi Steve,

Yes, at 87 I am still in love with magic. I now live just down the road from you in Portland, OR.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Is it sort of like the esp card routine of yours Dick? With the circle and square and then introduce the triangle? Same method?
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
John C - No, these are cards with a checker board design on the backs and the fronts of the card are simply a black or red color. The cards are not marked on the fronts and is nothing
like my ESP trick of the past. This is a brand new trick with a new mthod you will love.
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
Got the effect today. I've been purchasing Dick's tricks for decades. This is another winner, with the premise being a "game" where the other player guesses whether dealt face down cards are red or black and the count tallied. Then you do the same. You always know exactly what color the card faces are. And you can decide how many cards you want to win (or lose) by. The cards are not marked. The method is undetectable.Extremely well made and easy to do. Thanks Dick, for keeping the magic coming! Lee Cornell
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm in.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Where can I find it? My usual retailers don't seem to have it...
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Espmagic, Hocus-Locus Magic is selling it. Thanks for your inquiry.
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Espmagic, Sorry I made a typo above. Hocus-Pocus Magic in Fresno, CA is selling my trick. Thanks for asking.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Dick - do you have a Canadian retailer for this effect? Shipping from Fresno is very close to the purchase price of the effect(!). And then, add on the exchange rate...:-(
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Espmagic, I know the feeling on shipping! I am really retired and only make a few props. Hocus-Pocus Magic has all I made. They just released my latest effect called "THE CLOUD". Check it out.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Hello Dick Barry, I recently started collecting your effects and wanted to know what are some of the top 5 effects you are most proud of?
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Mr. Barry - would you pm me please? I have a question for you that might be too "inflammatory" for this venue...
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
BrainMagos & espmagic,

Might be best if you have questions or comments to e-mail me at:: dickbarrymagic@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dick Barry's New Effect " Intuition" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL