The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genii's July 2020 Issue is Now Available (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman

Start reading Genii immediately with a digital subscription for only $35 worldwide. Not only do you get 12 new issues a year, but all of Genii’s back issues going back to 1936, and all 300 back issues of MAGIC magazine, come with your subscription. www.geniimagazine.com.

This issue our cover story deals with one under-represented group in our field, female magicians. In this case, Ms. Krystyn Lambert who, while young, has spent a great deal of time as an award-winning amateur and professional. She has been reinventing herself along the way, both because of growing up and, once an adult, out of necessity. It’s been a tough road and she doesn’t sugar coat it. It should come as no surprise to anyone that there have been many more barriers for female magicians to overcome than male magicians. When I walked into a room at age 25 no one was making remarks about my figure. David Regal interviews Krystyn and tells us where she’s been, and where she’s going.

A titan in our field, Roy Horn, died as we went to press last month, and in this issue he will get the send off he deserves. Written by Jim Steinmeyer and supplemented with many photos of Roy’s life art directed with great care by my wife, I hope it is a fitting tribute.

Some people have their ducks in a row—Genii has its columnists in a row: Bannon, Caveney, Lambert, Hannibal, Racherbaumer, with Jonathan Friedman manning “Magicana,” Libby Ward doing “Knights at The Magic Castle,” and Chloe Olewitz knocking out “The Eye.” Tricks, Books, and Videos are reviewed by Regal, Terral, and Marsh.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genii's July 2020 Issue is Now Available (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL