The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hanussen show online for one week only (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
SCREENING ONLINE FOR ONE WEEK ONLY, JULY 1ST THROUGH 7TH.
Palace of the Occult, filmed during its world-premiere run. Not a magic or mentalism show, but a play using these elements to transport audiences to 1930s Berlin as guests of the most popular psychic in all of Europe: Erik Jan Hanussen.

Link coming soon to Facebook@PalaceoftheOccult, Twitter & Instagram@NeilNecromancer

"HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Tobin inhabits the persona of the seductively charming Hanussen with an oily confidence ... the fascinating true story related by the trickster is enough to leave us spellbound." Windy City Times

"A fascinating examination ... with some stellar magic ...." NewCity Stage
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
Hanussen show

Thanks for you help posting this graphic, Dave!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Great! I look forward.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Links are online now:
Facebook @PalaceoftheOccult
Twitter & Instagram @NeilNecromancer
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sweet! Excited to check it out, thanks Neil!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I just watched both acts. The time flew. You did a wonderful job with this, Neil! A great experience and highly recommended.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, gypsyfish wrote:
I just watched both acts. The time flew. You did a wonderful job with this, Neil! A great experience and highly recommended.

Thanks so much!
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
I enjoyed it to niel thanks for sharing!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Neil - you are very talented. The play was well written and your performance was great. It was very generous of you to share this.

Regarding Telepathic Mail - since you mistakenly "read" the name from the billet and then wrote it on the slate (even though you were already one ahead) there should have been no effect (you read the name then wrote it down). However, since there were gasps and applause when you turned the slate around it just goes to show that methods don't matter - its all about the performance.

Thanks again for sharing this enjoyable play.
Lakewood, Ohio
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2020, j100taylor wrote:
Neil - you are very talented. The play was well written and your performance was great. It was very generous of you to share this.

Regarding Telepathic Mail - since you mistakenly "read" the name from the billet and then wrote it on the slate (even though you were already one ahead) there should have been no effect (you read the name then wrote it down). However, since there were gasps and applause when you turned the slate around it just goes to show that methods don't matter - its all about the performance.

Thanks again for sharing this enjoyable play.

J100taylor --

I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. Thank you.

It does sound, however, that you might have watched that effect with the eyes of a magician.

The effect from an audience member is that the performer will attempt to connect a note which had been sealed in an envelope, sight unseen -- bearing a middle name or nickname, or other unknown piece of personal information -- with the guest who was its author.

The performer moves through the crowd and locates the one person he thinks is the author. The performer opens the envelope, silently reads the slip to himself for the first time, and copies it onto a slate so the whole audience will be able to see it when the time comes.

Finally, the participant is asked what she wrote on her slip. The performer turns the slate around and it matches. Applause.

It has purposely not been combined with an additional effect such as mind-reading to determine the exact contents of the note (even if the method might allow), as this could confuse the effect. Also, it could potentially lead audiences too close to the solution. That, I believe, would have been a mistake.

Thanks again,
Neil

P.S. Let us please not discuss methodology here. As you rightly point out, the presentation is the whole point. Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2020, brehan wrote:
I enjoyed it to niel thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Brehan!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Got it. Less is more!
Lakewood, Ohio
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Final day is today (my birthday)!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Happy Birthday! The show was very well done and your performance a pleasure to watch. The mix of story and effects was nicely balanced and I thought your choice of effects superb. Thank you!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2020, Bill Cushman wrote:
Happy Birthday! The show was very well done and your performance a pleasure to watch. The mix of story and effects was nicely balanced and I thought your choice of effects superb. Thank you!

My pleasure, Bill. Thank you!

P.S. By popular demand, the screening is being quietly extended to the 10th.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
The final day to see Palace of the Occult is approaching. Not a magic or mentalism show, but a play that uses elements of both while transporting audiences to 1930s Berlin as guests of the most famous psychic in all of Europe: Erik Jan Hanussen.

If you have a bizzarist's love of turning effects into powerful theatre, you won't want to miss this. The best part: viewing it is free.

"HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Tobin inhabits the persona of Hanussen with an oily confidence ... the fascinating true story related by the trickster is enough to leave us spellbound ." Windy City Times

"A fascinating examination .. with some stellar magic ...." NewCity Stage

Please note that this is not HD-broadcast-or-audiophile quality but IS a three-camera shoot of the world-premiere run that has been fully edited and closed captioned. Your free viewing links are posted right now on Facebook @PalaceoftheOccult, and on Twitter and Instagram @NeilNecromancer

To receive a digital Show Program with exclusive, behind-the-scenes information, send a gift in any amount via PayPal to neil@necromancerevents.com (and be sure to include your email address in the note area).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hanussen show online for one week only (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL