The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Exchangeable topit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Hi!
some months ago I heard something about an exchangeable topit (no "permanent" topit, you can give it in different jackets)! does anybody have any experiences with it??
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I don’t have experience with the specific item marketed as “Exchangeable Topit”. However, I have used Pat Pages Topit for years (since the 70’s) and it is a pin-in version. There was a time when all Topits were pin-ins.

The upside of such a Topit is that it is a use with any jacket prop. The downside is that it cannot be unloaded from the outside pocket as is the main feature of a sewn-in Topit.

Years ago I had Ammar style Topits built into two jackets (a blazer and a Tux). I loved them. Then I sort of “out grew” the jackets (OK, I got fat!). I never spent the money to have Topits built into the new larger jackets. I went back to using my old reliable Pat Page version. I simply stopped doing any routine that required unloading the Topit from the pocket.

I have used bandanas, hairnets, and even my shirttail as Topits on occasion.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
I have one. That's called Transferable Topit.
If you wanna use Topit for different jackets, It's useful. But it's just a Topit...
After you vanish something, you can't take that object from your pocket. I think that's a big problem. Umm...
Croak..Croak.. Smile
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
If you can afford it , have them permanently attached to your jackets. The slits from the pocket makes all the diff.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I had a local tailor do it. I really had to show them the pattern and explain to them where it went, and how
to stitch it.

It cost me $12, they did a great job, and it only took a day!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hi,

This is called the Transferrable Topit, and it costs $100, which seems steep for a topit that you can't retrieve items from.

Bob
WalterZ
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of WalterZ
Quote:
On 2004-06-30 21:57, Timothy wrote:
I had a local tailor do it. I really had to show them the pattern and explain to them where it went, and how
to stitch it.

It cost me $12, they did a great job, and it only took a day!

I have the original topit pattern from Ammar. How exactly did you explain it to the tailor? Did you just unfold the paper and give her the printed directions that come with the topit blueprint? I don't know... seems kind of risky, what if they mess up? I own some very expensive suites that I don't wnat to get ruined. Thanks!
~WalterZ~

Themystifier.com
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I have had topits put in all of my coats. the first was done from a local tailor shop and was not done all that well. They sewed it to the lining. Then I found a seamstress who added one to the rest of my coats. She was great. She actually removed the lining and added the topit. You cannot tell that it was not part of the original coat. The cost was $35 per coat. Well worth it for the job she did. Anyone who does quality work will be able to read the instructions from the Ammar topit book and do a good job.
As far as the transferrable topit, I have seen it and did not like it. The method for attaching it is not very good in my opinion. Having them sewn in is the best option as the tailot can match the lining color.
regards,
Jim
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Contact Lynetta Welch at Fabric Manipulation.

She is as professional as they get, has a great background in magic and knows what she is talking about.

Topits are one of her specialties.

Take Care,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Exchangeable topit? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL