The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Penn and Teller fooled by Gospel Magician (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
Wes Iseli was on Penn and Teller. He fooled them. Wes is a friend of mine and has lectured at The Ohio Fellowship of Christian Magicians at three of our annual conferences that we hold each year in Columbus Ohio. He taught us the trick that he fooled Penn and Teller with. It's a great trick and a real fooler. Congratulations Wes Iseli for bringing home the trophy!!!!!
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Did he perform Gospel Magic? As they're both atheists, would be strange.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I know Penn is an atheist but I did not know Teller was an atheist as well.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
BTW, no one posted a clip to Wes Iseli's performance, which is discussed at the top of this thread.

Here's the video.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Danny Ray also fooled Penn and Teller. His act is top notch with a wonderful Gospel message (Danny has performed at The Magic Castle). Danny is the author of the 2021 Christian book on marriage titled "No, I Can't Make Your Wife Disappear". I just saw his live show earlier this month at Baker Book House in Grand Rapids (probably one of the largest Christian book stores in the world), it was absolutely terrific. I believe Danny is an ordained pastor as well.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Roger,Hi, Ralph ROUSSEAU (Russo) - Just surfing the "Café" and saw your post in The Good News. Think we may have corresponded befor. 85 in June, 75 in Magic (always an ad-vocation, many time more $$ with gigs than Job). I'm A Christian, all my life. Grandfather was a Pastor. In my youth was a Calif.Welfare Child (Dad left ). Did Shows to help income for Mom and Sis. At 85, a lot of Stories - wont tell all now, LOL. A main reason to write was your mention of a Christian Book Writer, about Marriage. My Wonderful Wife, we were Married a Blessed "63" Years. Anna WAITED for me in ICU, with a Sharp / Alert Mind - Torso ??- We talked a little, with sparkle in her eyes, A Smile, closed her eyes and passed into our LORDS Arms, 10/04/2019. The LORD has given me a GOOD SPIRIT - The Comforter. As said befor why writing you? As my Wife used to say 'your' on a roller coaster, up / down Of emotions. Feel good RIGHT NOW. Just had an inspiration to write.. Anna told/ tells me to BE POSITIVE. Also on her photo, with her hand on my cheek - below is written (in her Spirit) "I'm OK, LOVE. Don't Worry. LOVE YOU XXx - BE POSITIVE". When Down, I look at the photo , look up , and say "Yes Love" all better. A lot to share - but don't want to bother. When I called our Daughter, she said she was going to come for care for me a week(Hawaii to Florida !!). On the way out of Walmart, she said "Here Daddy" and gave me this LapTop, and arranged Wifi. Alone, helps a lot. Son lives 60 minutes away - see him & hs Family, now and then - Rambled enough ( was told good Grief/Stress, therapy). Thanks for reading/listening. Ralph
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Sorry Guys - was supposed to be a PM to MagicBus- was chastised for not putting this on a PM befor. Hope wont be erased
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Russo and anyone else who is interested... You cannot delete your own post. BUT You can edit it up to 30 minutes or until someone replies, whichever comes first. After that, simply use the report this post button at the top of your post and let a moderator know what you want them to do.

Russo, you replied to your own post only 4 minutes after posting the original post. Instead of responding to that post, you could have edited the original post by clicking on the yellow "Edit" text which will be located between the yellow "qoute" and the yellow "Report this post" at the very top of your post.

After clicking the edit button you could have copied the personal note to send via PM and then erased it from your original post before typing something generic like "I love Penn & Teller's Fool Us" to replace the original message you erased.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
774 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Actually tim, there's a delete option as well for 30 minutes.
Jean André
View Profile
New user
Metz
65 Posts

Profile of Jean André
That was a great trick and performance by Wes Iseli.

Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, Dutchie wrote:
Did he perform Gospel Magic? As they're both atheists, would be strange.

In the context of this topic , it doesn't seem like he was performing on Fool Us as a "Gospel Magician", so it doesn't seem relevant. However, given Penn's and Teller's presuppositions of atheism it would be quite a bold move and quite entertaining to see a Gospel Magician give a true gospel magic presentation and also fool them with i! But I suppose that such an act would never be invited to appear on the show.

-
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
This reminds me that once on P & T program They performed an effect 'Through the eye of the needle'. Which is a quote from the Bible.. I think they even quoted the Bible. ??????????????. Did you ever notice, when Teller grins, he looks a like the "Grinch".
swood527
View Profile
New user
Boston
11 Posts

Profile of swood527
I enjoyed the effect and though there are others out there with a better price pint, ordered Wes' to help support his effort. I haven't received the product (ordered 2 weeks ago) nor got any response to emails requesting follow up on my order. I'm pretty disappointed.
swood527
View Profile
New user
Boston
11 Posts

Profile of swood527
Finally got in touch with Wes and he made good. Turns out it was back-ordered. Just got concerned when there wasn't any response
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Wes’s wife had multiple surgeries this summer, so cut him some slack.

George
jericho
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jericho
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2022, Donald Dunphy wrote:
BTW, no one posted a clip to Wes Iseli's performance, which is discussed at the top of this thread.

Here's the video.

- Donald

Love this trick. And the fact that legends like Penn and Teller love it and are performing it themselves has got to be beyond belief.
jericho
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jericho
Oh, BTW. How do we know the NFL refs aren't using this in overtime games. LOL
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Wes will be lecturing with me, Duane Laflin and D.j. Edwards at the 2023 Ohio Regional FCM Conference (it's less than 2 weeks away)
I hope you can make it! Go to https://www.ohiofcm.com/ to find out more and register!
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2023, jericho wrote:
Oh, BTW. How do we know the NFL refs aren't using this in overtime games. LOL

HA!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Where is everybody ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Penn and Teller fooled by Gospel Magician (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL