The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Spell to ANY named card--Mnemonica edition (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, people have asked for this, so here it is. I think the spells work out even better for Mnemonica than for Aronson. They name any card, and with a little coaching, they spell to it.

https://jackshalom.net/2020/07/21/remembrance-of-cards-past/
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Thanks for your hard work. This is very useful
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks, Bobby. I figure that even if you're not a big fan of spelling effects, as long as you're carrying a memdeck in your pocket anyway, why not have this in your arsenal?
Forty Six & 2
View Profile
Regular user
Three cheers and some toasts for my
107 Posts

Profile of Forty Six & 2
Thank you, landmark. This is very generous and also very much appreciated. I am working to commit this to memory ASAP.
Ask, knock and seek
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks Landmark, I downloaded them both and although " I " am not a fan of spelling effects, I think your average laymen is. This will make a nice addition to anyone's memdeck work. Thanks for tackling the hard stuff for us. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
Amazing work. I’ve been down the rabbit hole on this a number of times but you really put in the work and came out the other side. Kudos!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks all, glad to know it's of use.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Hello, I just came across this post. I published a while ago in my Vision:Tricks app a feature, which gives you a magic spell for each card. It is not the same as mentioned above, but very similar!

So when you spell out the magic spell, you come to the requested card. It can be found in the 'Voice Control' in-app of Vision:Tricks. The 'magic spells' of course can be configured for your own needs. (The requested card can be said and by voice-recognition the iPhone understands it and displays secretly the needed spell.)

And if you own my Vision app, you can even perform this from a shuffled deck, without to memorise anything Smile!
Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1410 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Thanks so much, "landmark" for your generosity in sharing your work gratis for all Café users to benefit from!

You've done a great job of working this out. I also really appreciate the time and effort you spent to write up the method so clearly and completely.

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.

Curious who I am? See my quick video bio.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Spell to ANY named card--Mnemonica edition (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL