The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Change by Juan Pablo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I think the main point here is you don't have to make any gimmick I've used this several times now it works flawlessly and it's a lot of fun but like I said it's not for everybody so if it's not your style well then it's not but if it is it's well worth the money.

Good magic to all,

Eric
ItsAGreatOne
View Profile
New user
NYC
2 Posts

Profile of ItsAGreatOne
Wow, a reply from Juan Pablo himself! Very cool. Thanks man!

I think he's right that I may have undercut the value in being able to prepare the stack in just minutes (and, for that matter, without any type of glue). There's some value in that for sure.

My main issue is that there's no cause and effect, and no plot. You're supposed to magically change the bills, yet the handling provided involves you pulling the $1s out of your pocket, leaving you with eight bills out at once. That's not quite a change.

I intend to use this with a laser pointer (controlled out if my mouth) with four blank pieces of paper. I will call it my "laser printer." This week give me justification to turn the papers over as well as I "print" things on both sides. It also provides the much needed cause and effect, plus the whole thing will make sense in terms of me never changing them back.

Like I said, it's really more of an Instagram trick, in my view, but there's nothing wrong with that. If the above idea were the handling provided, I surely would have rated this trick higher than 2.5. It's a pretty genius method, and Juan Pablo is the genius here. I have no idea how he worked out that this could happen this way.
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
The solution is to change 100 into 1... I think david Copperfield had the sentence: "if I would know how to do it the other way, I would not be here".
so start with 4 x 100 bills, promise the audience that they can take them home later, but first, you change them into 1$ bills...

Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, MagicBrent wrote:
I realize magic is an experience and not real life but I cannot justify patter of why I borrow bills and not give them hundreds to keep if it was “real”at the very least changing them back. Without not only NOT turning them back to ones or having justification to keep their money or give them back ones, it stays a mystery vs. awe and wonder to me. That’s why I never liked lottery plots. Living close to Williamsburg I do see old yellow paper money they sell and like Bill changes that can patter about time machine or something like that (not that that that is all believable from reality but you get what I mean). Would this method NOT work for this as the change from green money to green works whereas yellow to green or different colored bills to real money would not work?
bbabb4214
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of bbabb4214
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2020, ItsAGreatOne wrote:
Wow, a reply from Juan Pablo himself! Very cool. Thanks man!

I think he's right that I may have undercut the value in being able to prepare the stack in just minutes (and, for that matter, without any type of glue). There's some value in that for sure.

My main issue is that there's no cause and effect, and no plot. You're supposed to magically change the bills, yet the handling provided involves you pulling the $1s out of your pocket, leaving you with eight bills out at once. That's not quite a change.

I intend to use this with a laser pointer (controlled out if my mouth) with four blank pieces of paper. I will call it my "laser printer." This week give me justification to turn the papers over as well as I "print" things on both sides. It also provides the much needed cause and effect, plus the whole thing will make sense in terms of me never changing them back.

Like I said, it's really more of an Instagram trick, in my view, but there's nothing wrong with that. If the above idea were the handling provided, I surely would have rated this trick higher than 2.5. It's a pretty genius method, and Juan Pablo is the genius here. I have no idea how he worked out that this could happen this way.

I feel there's another 'out' for this effect that is totally justifiable... IF you borrow the bills, while collecting them just casually mention "don't worry, I'll pay you back".. do the change and let them examine. Collect the larger denomination bills and suddenly remember "oh, I gotta pay you back".. go to your pocket with the singles and produce them. I'd probably have another single and a lower denomination, say a 5, there with them so it really looks like your own stack of cash. Hand them out to whomever gave you the ones... of course if you didn't borrow the bills there's no need to do this.

You COULD even just have a small money clip in there with some bills to give back and switch that out for the borrowed bills. Take some bills out, pay the specs back and put the 100s in your clip. All totally normal looking..... just my 2 cents
Juan Pablo
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Juan Pablo
Hi, I'm Juan Pablo. Regarding your question about gluing the bills, I want to tell you that in this routine it is not used to stick any bills because there is no gimmick. They are just bills that change for other bills. I also wanted to explain an excellent routine to use "real change", (this is for those who say that if the five dollar bills are loaned, when making the change I should give them away since they will not return to their previous value.) Regarding this I want to tell you that the presentation for this situation is to use "real change" with five one-dollar bills loaned by the public and when making the change, make five bills of greater value appear but one of them is a five bill dollars and you return that five dollar bill to the viewer and keep the other four bills that appeared of greater value.
Juan Pablo
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Juan Pablo
22, 2021 06:44 pm Juan Pablo is on-line Reply with Quote Edit Report this post to forum moderator There are no likes for this post.0
Hi, I'm Juan Pablo. Regarding your question about gluing the bills, I want to tell you that in this routine it is not used to stick any bills because there is no gimmick. They are just bills that change for other bills. I also wanted to explain an excellent routine to use "real change", (this is for those who say that if the five dollar bills are loaned, when making the change I should give them away since they will not return to their previous value.) Regarding this I want to tell you that the presentation for this situation is to use "real change" with five one-dollar bills loaned by the public and when making the change, make five bills of greater value appear but one of them is a five dollar bill and you return that five dollar bill to the viewer and keep the other four bills that appeared of greater value.
tleong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
22 Posts

Profile of tleong
Hello, may I ask whether this effects only works with USD? As I'm in Malaysia and our currency comes in different sizes and color. Please advise.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
How s the angles on this one?
Could it be performed in busking circle?
Thanks
jackbr
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jackbr
Hello guys, how do you do ?

- Can this be done with other currencies despite dollar ?

- Can this be done with different size bills ?

- Can this be done as a transformation from blank paper to bill or an ad ?

- Can this be done with plastic currency ?

Thanks for anyone who answers me Smile !
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2023, jackbr wrote:
Hello guys, how do you do ?

- Can this be done with other currencies despite dollar ?

- Can this be done with different size bills ?

- Can this be done as a transformation from blank paper to bill or an ad ?

- Can this be done with plastic currency ?

Thanks for anyone who answers me Smile !

Juan says the bills must all be the same size. So other currencies or blank to bill or anything to anything can be done if they are the same size. He says that it might be possible with plastic currency but its best if the bills can be creased well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Change by Juan Pablo (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL