The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Durham's Himber Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Hello.
I am looking for Geoffrey Durham's himber ring as described in his "Professional Secrets" book.
I asked Durham directly but he has no more.
If you have his himber ring sold many years ago that would like to sell or if you have an information of it, would you kindly let me know?
Thanks for your help.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Geoffrey Durham had a person in England make the rings for him, the rings cost over $1,200, because of the design created by Roy Johnson. The rings are made of gold and has two gems stones set in the ring. He only had one at the time the book came out, but at that time still could have the craftsman make them to order. So it is more a matter of the craftsman being available to make them then if Durham has any in stock.

I don't believe he sold very many because of the price. Mostly only professional magicians have acquired this prop.

If you think you will get a discount at this point purchasing this ring from a current owner, you are mistaken, as this ring only increased in value because of the gold and red and blue gems inlaid in the ring.

I last contacted Geoffrey Durham back in 2014, when much discussion about his ring was discussed here on the Café. If you wish to contact him here is his new website. http://www.geoffreydurham.com/
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Thank you, Bill.

Yes, I understand that and I won't get a discount.
I contacted him few weeks ago and he told me that he stopped making and selling the ring many years ago because they were out of the financial range of most magicians.

Price is not matter too much, still looking for it.

Thanks for your help!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, did you reply to Geoffrey telling him price was no object. Maybe that would motivate him contact the craftsman.

When you get 50 posts, you can enter the Let's make a Deal section of the Café and post your interest in purchasing his Linking Finger Ring.
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Bill,

Thanks again for your reply.
Yes, of course. However, the craftsman is now retired.
Geoffrey has his own ring but he wanted to keep it for its sentimental value.

>When you get 50 posts, you can enter the Let's make a Deal section of the Café and post your interest in purchasing his Linking Finger Ring.

I got it, thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I understand, thanks for the update. Back when I was corresponding with Geoffrey Durham, I asked him if he would sell his Ken Brooke - Malini Egg Bag, as it was Pink in color. He responded in kind as with you. I understand his feelings, as I am the same way, just can't part with some of the magic effects I have acquired over the years. I was surprised, that he is considerably younger then me.
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Bill,

Wow, thanks for sharing your experiences with Geoffrey.
Yes, he is SO kind person. I asked something about his other trick in that mail, then he gave me a ton of his personal professional secrets...without asking who I am.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
MASA!

Not only do I have One Durham ring... I actually have TWO!

One I have used for about 4 years... in excellent condition.
But I bought a second one as a back up... and it has never been out of the box!

I would sell you my back up via PayPal
You can PM me for details..
Regards,

Jonathan Neal

PS: a shout out to Bill Hegbli who is really one of the back bones of the Café'... When hs isn't posting, the Café' is about 50% less interesting... THANK YOU BILL!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Hello, Jonathan!

OMG!PM sent!
I appreciate it!

MASA
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Is there a photo of this anywhere?
MASA
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MASA
Newguy,

Maybe you can't find it on the internet.
You'll find it in his book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Durham's Himber Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL