The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying glasses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
Does anyone know where I can get a nice set of multiplying glasses or simialr effect? (they're similar to Multiplying billiard balls)
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
If you are referring to Peter Marvey's coctail glasses... you won't find them. They were an original design and he doesn't mass produce them. He doesn't sell them, either.

Sorry to break the news!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Don't worry, though. You are about the thousandth person to ask that question.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
... which makes me about the 1000th person to give the same answer. LOL. If you really want, do a search and you will see the responses from months back.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
As well as many plagiarists stating how they "made their own."
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Too true. To many people have ripped off his effect. It's a shame.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Marvey was not the first one to perform this effect but the design of his glasses is diferent. Sinaro from Vienna used to sell a set of glasses for many effects and I think that set also included multiplying thumblers. His address is http://www.sinaro.at
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Thanks! I did not know the history of the effect until know.
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
I've never seen Peter Marvey's glasses. Thanks for the info about Sinaro. I didn't see it on his site, I'll try sending an e-mail. Any multiplying tumbler, glass or shot glass is fine. Worst comes to worst, I'll be one of those "plagerist" trying to manufacture my own Idea that I haven't seen before. Thanks to all for your input.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Clarence Slyter, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the 1940s... did a fabulous cabaret act as a slightly enebriated gentleman. Smile

He featured the multiplying glasses, between the fingers, using a bit larger than life shot type glasses. I am sure he either made them, or had someone make them for him. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Sam Berland at one time released a set of plastic multiplying shot glasses. I owned a set in the early 1960's. The idea was cool; but the product was too cheaply made.
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying glasses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL