The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Inventory management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Hi All.

I was wondering if someone could recommend an iPhone app that would help me keep track of my DVD collection.
I mainly want to use it so that I don’t accidentally buy something twice when I’m not at home to see if I have the DVD already.

The problem with movie apps for the public is that they mainly use barcode scanning for the input, and our magic DVDs usually don’t have a barcode.
The other problem is that the fields are usually not customizable, and if you try to enter the magician’s name, you get a list of general actors; images are often restricted to common movies, etc.

I’d really like to be able to scan the DVD spine and let OCR do the entry.
I’d also like to customize the fields so I can sort by cards, coins, etc.

Generic house inventory managers are usually a bit too generic, unfortunately.

The best app I’ve found so far is the one by icollect Everything, which also lets you input an image that it pulls up for you online, based on the title.
I also found MyStuff 2 Pro, though it’s a bit generic.

Does anyone have other iPhone app suggestions (no subscription models, please).

Thanks in advance!
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
I am a huge fan and evangelist of Evernote.
It is designed, and useful, for many different types of information. All your data can be accessed from ANY device.
There is a free tier (limited by a generous storage amount but not in total, rather amount added per month).
You can store all media types. I use it for storing tutorial videos (among numerous other things)
The use of TAGS facilitates super easy organization and search capability.

Apologies if this sounds like a commercial. I have been a user from their very primitive beginning and have enjoyed HUGE leaps in features and functions.
It is a great group of smart people making a wonderful product.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I use e-storage. As with any app there is a lot of up front work. I take photos and add instructions. Works great for CDs.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url......nlTjk&e=

Patrick
slyguy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of slyguy
I use and recommend CollectorZ (https://www.collectorz.com/movie).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Inventory management (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL