The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 30 Secs. to Fame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy_zoom
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Billy_zoom
Has anyone else seen this strange variety show? In the 2 episodes I have watched, I have seen 2 magician acts get "eliminated" before their 30 seconds was up. But then the older gent dressed as dracula, playing an accordion makes it through his act. *sigh*

-Billy->
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I haven't seen that show yet. What channel is it even on?
You mean if they say it's "bad" before your 30 seconds are up, you get eliminated?
Thanks, for I don't know anything about the show or how it works but have seen commercials for it. Smile Smile
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I heard that "sylvester the jester" made an appearance on this show.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Billy_zoom
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Billy_zoom
Mack, yes the audience holds these little controllers that have the ability to supposedly move this meter. If the meter goes into the red before 30 seconds is up they are eliminated and are out. The show is pretty hokey and I wouldnt be suprised if it's rigged.

Flip, I dont know about "Sylvester the jester", whats his act?

-Billy->
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Quote:
On 2002-07-25 23:20, Billy_zoom wrote:
Mack, yes the audience holds these little controllers that have the ability to supposedly move this meter. If the meter goes into the red before 30 seconds is up they are eliminated and are out. The show is pretty hokey and I wouldnt be suprised if it's rigged.

Flip, I dont know about "Sylvester the jester", whats his act?

-Billy->

Ok, thank you because I didn't know how the game worked in the first place. I wouldn't doubt if it was rigged.
I'm going to have to try to find that show and see for myself sometime.
Thanks.
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I should point out that of the two magic acts, only one got eliminated, and to call it a magic act is really a travesty. They were the "Magic Chicks", two giggly, ditsy, sequined blonds with horrible stage presence, canned stilted patter, and garage sale magic tricks who were on the show in most likelihood just so that there would be a bad enough act to get eliminated.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
In US it is on Fox at 8 or 8:30.. not sure.... ive seen both shows and yes only one of them got elimanated and I wouldnt call those Magic chicks magicians.... the other guy was pretty good though for 30 seconds.. and on a commercial for this show I saw sylvester the jester in the preiews

on wednesday nights its on..
I like cards.
haulboss007
View Profile
Regular user
Carlsbad, CA
103 Posts

Profile of haulboss007
I'm watching it right now and it's great to know that alot of these people have day jobs

Peace

Smile
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
more magicians were on the show... onbe did an appearing cane and appearing dove thing and I for get what the other did..... either of then got to the finalsin
I like cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 30 Secs. to Fame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL