The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Liquid penetration (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr.Shaun
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr.Shaun
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the magic Café. I would like to know whether anyone has come across any stage size liquid penetration prop or if there’s someone who know a place to buy a stage size one, could you please send me a link to that?. It has 3 glasses and you keep 3 glasses on top of each other. when you pour liquid from the top , liquid goes to the bottom and the middle glasses first. Then you can separate them and show that it’s not connected in any way... I’m only looking for a stage size large prop. Not regular size. Thank you...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mr, shaun,

If you are in America, we have drinking glasses in different sizes 12 oz., 16 oz., up to 32 oz., size. Any and all can be seen on stages.

Magic inventors and manufactures make props from materials that are available on the consumer market to keep costs down. They do not have, in this case 10,000 drinking glasses manufactured by a plastic glass company, in various sizes. Most ads do not mention the size of the glass in their advertisements.

If you mean seeing the colors of the liquid more clearly, then all you do is put more food coloring in the water until it is darker.

Here is a set by Abbott's Magic: https://www.abbottmagic.com/Liquid-Penetration-14275.htm It is prices at $25.00 .

Here is another version of this effect by Father Blantz, the inventor of this effect, and all others copy the mechanics. Of course it is more expensive at $50.00 .

https://www.abbottmagic.com/Liquid-Penet......dpen.htm This is the one you will get, as I believe they come from Father Blantz. That turned out lip rim is a sign it is the original design.

If you wish to know the size of the glass, give them a call. I am sure they will help you. I purchased a set from Abbott's over 20 years ago, and have used it several times in my shows. No one ever said they could not see the glasses. If the glasses was to large, then magicians would claim they did like that it was recognizable as an ordinary common item that the audience would be familiar with. It is a good effect and does get some audience reactions and are puzzled by what they witness happening.

Hope this answers you question, and you find what you are looking for in the size you desire.
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
Hi, I had the Father Blantz Liquid Penetration which was excellent. I purchased it many years ago from Magic Inc. Chicago. Maybe they still carry that item?
Mr.Shaun
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr.Shaun
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Mr, shaun,

If you are in America, we have drinking glasses in different sizes 12 oz., 16 oz., up to 32 oz., size. Any and all can be seen on stages.

Magic inventors and manufactures make props from materials that are available on the consumer market to keep costs down. They do not have, in this case 10,000 drinking glasses manufactured by a plastic glass company, in various sizes. Most ads do not mention the size of the glass in their advertisements.

If you mean seeing the colors of the liquid more clearly, then all you do is put more food coloring in the water until it is darker.

Here is a set by Abbott's Magic: https://www.abbottmagic.com/Liquid-Penetration-14275.htm It is prices at $25.00 .

Here is another version of this effect by Father Blantz, the inventor of this effect, and all others copy the mechanics. Of course it is more expensive at $50.00 .

https://www.abbottmagic.com/Liquid-Penet......dpen.htm This is the one you will get, as I believe they come from Father Blantz. That turned out lip rim is a sign it is the original design.

If you wish to know the size of the glass, give them a call. I am sure they will help you. I purchased a set from Abbott's over 20 years ago, and have used it several times in my shows. No one ever said they could not see the glasses. If the glasses was to large, then magicians would claim they did like that it was recognizable as an ordinary common item that the audience would be familiar with. It is a good effect and does get some audience reactions and are puzzled by what they witness happening.

Hope this answers you question, and you find what you are looking for in the size you desire.

Hello sir,

It’s so good to hear back from you and sorry for the late reply. I’m not too active on this. Anyway, I collect liquid magic. So I was wondering whether there was one in a real large size which I have seen 20+ years ago in a magic competition back in my country. Since then, I have never seen such type of a liquid penetration glasses. I believe it was custom made back then. I’ve asked from many dealers around the world and nobody has no idea what I’m talking about... I have no contact of the person who performed it either since I came to states 2 decades ago. It looked like 6 inches tall from a distance but not sure how many ounces it would hold though. In fact, it had four glasses and was a really colorful effect which everybody talked about ( I just need 3 glasses 😀). I’m from South Asia and I haven’t seen any other in my lifetime...

Thanks a lot for the information regarding where to buy them. I already got few different types from, chu’s, trixie, a regular size one from Abbott, magic hands, tricks co. I couldn’t find the father blantz version yet though. I’m searching for that still. Is there a person you could think of to custom make a bigger glass version for me? It’s hard to find a person to do just one that’s in my mind for 20+ years. 🤣 If you know somebody, please let me know if you could. Thank you...

Shaun.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Shaun

Did you click on all the addresses I listed, The second Abbott's address is the Father Blantz version. it cost $50 because it is the Father Blitz version. He may have actually made them to sell through Abbott's. You can call them to verify if you wish.

What you seen has nothing to do with the original. As you say, he may have made a version for himself.

Go to all the stores in your area, and look at the plastic glasses until you find one you like. Then purchase the plastic tubing on line and make one yourself. You can find out how to work with plastic on line as well.

There has never been a larger size, to my knowledge, but there was copies in smaller sizes. Father Blantz made his creation using 4 glasses, it is more mysterious to use 4 glasses, in my opinion.

The glasses need to have the design on the outside of the glasses, I don't see any such glasses on the market like that currently.

I would guess that the reason for the size of the glasses is be prevent less mess if the table is knocked and gets spilled. Remember you are liable for all damage caused by you. It could mean paying for new carpet in someone's house. Food color is can not be easily removed, if at all.

If you can figure out the design for three glasses, then Abbott's Magic may be able to make you a set in larger glasses. If you don't want to make one yourself.

Currently the pandemic is affecting business at Abbott's Magic. They use to make things for me, but the owner is the only employee currently.
Mr.Shaun
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mr.Shaun
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Shaun

Did you click on all the addresses I listed, The second Abbott's address is the Father Blantz version. it cost $50 because it is the Father Blitz version. He may have actually made them to sell through Abbott's. You can call them to verify if you wish.

What you seen has nothing to do with the original. As you say, he may have made a version for himself.

Go to all the stores in your area, and look at the plastic glasses until you find one you like. Then purchase the plastic tubing on line and make one yourself. You can find out how to work with plastic on line as well.

There has never been a larger size, to my knowledge, but there was copies in smaller sizes. Father Blantz made his creation using 4 glasses, it is more mysterious to use 4 glasses, in my opinion.

The glasses need to have the design on the outside of the glasses, I don't see any such glasses on the market like that currently.

I would guess that the reason for the size of the glasses is be prevent less mess if the table is knocked and gets spilled. Remember you are liable for all damage caused by you. It could mean paying for new carpet in someone's house. Food color is can not be easily removed, if at all.

If you can figure out the design for three glasses, then Abbott's Magic may be able to make you a set in larger glasses. If you don't want to make one yourself.

Currently the pandemic is affecting business at Abbott's Magic. They use to make things for me, but the owner is the only employee currently.

Hello,

Thanks for you kind reply. Anyway, I called him once mid last year when everything was closed and all. He said he just have the regular one which I already had back then.

I know using a bigger glass would be risky if something happens while you are performing but, if I could get a bigger glass Smile that would be more for my collection because I love collecting stage size props especially liquid magic. Once in a while I get lucky finding certain items on eBay, so will post if I’m lucky enough to find something.

Thank you so much again for your kind reply and your time sir!.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Liquid penetration (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL