The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW PROJECT - Faro Fundamentals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
A new project on a classic technique

Faro Fundamentals
52 page illustrated booklet
Soft cover, perfect bound
Techniques, theory & applications
Bonus: 2 routines included

Written and illustrated by Greg Chapman
Includes a foreword by Jeremy Griffith

The booklet covers a broad range of faro techniques, theory and applications. Includes sections on the in-faro, out-faro, straddle faro, 51-card faro, eight-faro cycle, six faro belts, splitting perfect halves, correcting mistakes, stack and memorized deck applications, card controls, and introduces some advanced concepts.

It's primarily aimed at anyone wanting to learn and master the faro shuffle, but it goes beyond basics in several areas, and there are a few nuggets buried inside that might appeal to more experienced cardicians and faro workers. It includes a couple of routines, one using a regular deck and one with a memorized deck.

Available November 9
Updates on: https://www.instagram.com/moveunderfire52

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGAGqb8FTXH/......k66vsixo

Happy to help with any questions!
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Hi Everyone,

This is available from today from the website link in my signature or directly. Just message me.
Best,
Greg
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Vanishing Inc. has this available on their website from today. https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/.../faro-fundamentals.../

If you know anyone who might like or need this, please head over there and pick up a copy.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2020, chappy wrote:
Vanishing Inc. has this available on their website from today. https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/.../faro-fundamentals.../

If you know anyone who might like or need this, please head over there and pick up a copy.

Your link didn't actually work, but his one should:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......booklet/
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Received this book very quickly after ordering and it's great.

I'd already become very proficient with the faro, giving every new deck 50 shuffles to break it in. However, I'd learnt the method from the Fred Robinson book and it's a great method (in fact to that point the only method I found produced consistent results) but the card positions are very different from the standard faro and as a result it's not useful for various routines I was interested. So that's where I was when I bought Greg's book.

It's a fantastic and pretty comprehensive resource. He doesn't overwrite or spend 3 pages telling you how great what he's about to tell you is - and that's refreshing. If you want to learn the faro this is a great product, if you want to fine tune it or elevate your already competent shuffle then this is also a good resource. And the routines at the end are ace.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks David. Pleased you enjoyed it!
Best,
Greg
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
My Faro shuffle is hit and miss and I really want to perform Unshuffled, so I've bought this direct from Greg... I'm looking forward to improving.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
This is available again over at Vanishing Inc. The first batch sold out quickly. Thanks to everyone who has picked this up already.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Do you have a little extra time on your hands these days?

Until December 30, there is a special deal for anyone who gets Faro Fundamentals at www.thedevilsstaircase.com

As well as a illustrated instruction on the both in-the-hands and tabled faro technique, you'll also learn a stack of helpful faro theory, ideas and applications, and there are 2 bonus routines taught.

Here's one called Searchers UnDone
https://vimeo.com/110543468

"I loved reading this, and honestly wish I’d had it in my hot little hands twenty years ago. It would have saved me so much time and energy trying to figure out even a fraction of this on my own. It’s my sincere hope that you find it just as enlightening and practical as I have. And to Greg, congratulations on an excellent piece of Magic literature."
- Jeremy Griffith
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I read this and got a lot out of it. I still can't Faro perfectly every time, but the day after reading it, I did 3 perfect Faros in a row which was a massive improvement!
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Good to hear Dan. On track to four in a row next. Your faro will be second nature in time.
Yell out if I can help with anything.
Best,
Greg
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW PROJECT - Faro Fundamentals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL