The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Do you think COVID testing has ruined the blockhead stunt?
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Why should it? If you have an audience (and that's a separate issue) it's all about presentation.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2020, rossmacrae wrote:
Why should it? If you have an audience (and that's a separate issue) it's all about presentation.

I don't see how it could affect it. UNless your sharing nails with your audience? You could still even have them check the nail for you first - wipe it down with some antiviral stuff before passing it to the spectator. Or have them wear gloves.

I don't really see why you ask the question, what were you thinking would stop it? Does your thinking expand to sword swallowing or other sideshow routines?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I*ve just seen your first post on this and the reply from another member. Are you thinking because of people having swabs taken in their nose?

In which case I don't think it will. I had a covid test on Wednesday and the swabs (at least here in the UK) are tiny little things. It feels really strange to stick something so small up my nose!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Yes, the test. Before now, I imagine part of the effect was no one knew anatomy and they were shocked at the length etc. Now they'll be like, "eh, they did that to me at the doctor's office; it's really uncomfortable, but doable."
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
So I've had a second test - not convinced I did the first one properly. It was the self-administered one and I have the test info here. The image of how to swab your noes is head back slightly and the swap going up your nostril. It is nowhere near the same position as used in Blockhead. The swab does not go near the sinuss cavity. I don't think that it will have any more bearing on performance than picking your nose would.

So I don't think it's going to impact from that point of view.
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
I don't think it would hurt anyone's blockhead impact. If anything I think it would add to the cringe.
Those swab tests are uncomfortable.
Having been swabbed, and then watching someone on stage pounding a nail in there, I think would only intensify their uncomfortable feelings.
If a tiny q tip controlled by a nurse is uncomfortable, then a nail being hammered in by some weirdo must be torture.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, bubbles wrote:
If a tiny q tip controlled by a nurse is uncomfortable, then a nail being hammered in by some weirdo must be torture.

Completely agree - but you put it so much better than me! LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL