The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best book on MD applicable to any stack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iFeatherly
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of iFeatherly
Good day! I wanted your opinions of the best books on memorized decks that are applicable to any stack. I currently use the Tamariz stack and don’t intend to learn another stack in the near future. My library currently contains “Mnemonica” and “In Order to Amaze”. Any suggestions will be appreciated! If you have other books specifically for the Tamariz stack, I’d be open to those as well.

Thank you!
Kassim
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kassim
Repetoire by asi wind
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Scams & Fantasies with Cards and Lessons in card mastery by Darwin Ortiz. You can find wonderful memdecks effects in these books.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
All the Simon Aronson books, especially Simply Simon. While there are some stack dependent items, for the most part, the memdeck items can be performed with any memdeck, and they are very strong effects. Also Greg Chapman's books have some advanced work. And I understand something new is on the horizon...
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2021, landmark wrote:
All the Simon Aronson books, especially Simply Simon. While there are some stack dependent items, for the most part, the memdeck items can be performed with any memdeck, and they are very strong effects. Also Greg Chapman's books have some advanced work. And I understand something new is on the horizon...

I absolutely second that. Actually, "Simply Simon" is one of the best books ever written. IMHO, so far unbeatable. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Unfortunately it’ll be years till one will have access to a comprehensive memdeck book.

Fortunately memdeck work is still relatively sparse that the major works are still not too too pricy.

Give it twenty years, or add your own discoveries to the published work and forums.

Aronson set the stage for fusing mathematical ideas with stack work. I would start there if bored with the Tamariz opinion that card divination is the most versatile and impactful aspect.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
My favourite is Pit Hartling's In Order to Amaze.
FaroFaroFaro
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of FaroFaroFaro
Patrick Redford has 2 books on his Redford stack but includes stuff for other stacks:

Temporarily Out of Order
Sleights you Out of Order
FaroFaroFaro
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of FaroFaroFaro
A few more:
The Buena Vista Shuffle Club by Matt Baker - stack independent. Really like this book.
Woody Aragon’s Memorandum (his own stack) but can apply to other stacks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best book on MD applicable to any stack? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL