The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Taschen book, MAGIC 1400-1500s still in print? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The book came in various sizes and configurations, I think three. I believe the smaller 7"x9" format one is still in print, and Amazon offers a good price:

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Book-Mike-C......6574160/

Note that though this has 544 pages it's not the same as the middle sized version, which has the same number of pages, but much larger dimensions. My guess is that the content is the same, though I am not 100% sure.

Then there's also a giant-sized version with over 600 pages if I recall correctly.

I don't think that those two versions are still in print. Some booksellers have the bigger 544 page version, but you have to really search.

I have seen no one lately with the 600+ page version.

Hope I haven't described this too confusingly, but Taschen really does things strangely in my opinion.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
The first three editions:

1) 2009, 650 pages, 17.3 x 11.4 inches
2) 2013, 544 pages, 15.75 x 10.5 inches
3) 2015, 384 pages, 13.3 x 8.8 inches
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalog......book.htm

The link above is from the Taschen website. Hardcover, 544 pages, 6.7x 9.4 inches.

So maybe that's a fourth edition!?
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Possibly. But much smaller.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just got the Taschen book sold by Amazon for $27 (regular $40) Ed. Noel Daniels, with introduction by Ricky Jay and Essays by M. Caveney and Jim Steinmeyer. Edition 2018 (so maybe the 4th version of the book) and have 544 pages. It is 6.7" by 9.4".
Because I don't have the largest edition from 2013, I don't know if the content is similar to the 2013 or the 2015 in smaller format. I will try to send an email to Taschen for confirmation.

The Book is really pretty, it cloth bound Hard cover, the picture that you see in the cover is actually a dust jacket that covers 3/4 of the cover. It is a heavy book, and does keep open when you put it flat on the table.
The printing is top notch with heavy paper, however it is a book for people interested in magic history, it does not explain any illusions or things like that, posters and photos in color and B/W are almost the totality of the book.

This book is really beautiful, I would imagine the larger format has to be astonishing. The price for this book in Amazon is $27, shipping included if you are Prime member, very inexpensive for what you get.

I am glad I got it

Pablo
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Taschen book, MAGIC 1400-1500s still in print? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL