The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hypnosis effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Does anyone remember an effect where a piece of aluminum foil becomes very hot in a spectators hand?
It becomes so hot they have to drop it, and when it is recovered it is ice cold with ashes in the center?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes. It is called "Hypno-Heat." It uses a chemical that has been banned.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
I had this done to me a long time ago. It really hurt. I don't recomend doing this sort of thing to someone... unless you hate them, and they aren't the type of person to beat you up for such things.

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
If you're good with suggestion, you can do this without the chemical. I remember reading somewhere, maybe in something by Danny Korem (?), a description of this. This would be a safe way to do it, without harming anyone. It's also a little less sure-fire, however; suggestion effects don't *always* work as well as you'd like.

So I've heard, anyway. I have yet to attempt a pure suggestion effect. Smile
iamthegoat2003
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of iamthegoat2003
I was just thinking about this today, I was chewing gum and I was wondering if I could make the wrapper heat up. Something new to work on.
The mind is too complicated to read,
but who is to say it can not be summarized?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
A milder version of it can be done with (I believe) "Big Red" cinnamon gum.

Even though it has been "banned," if you can find those special matches you can still do it.
Magictrickster
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Magictrickster
Cliff Lount in Bradford, UK also used to sell this effect under the title 'Hot Spot'.

Again I think it used the banned chemical whihc was poisonous, so I'm not sure whether it's still available - I'm guesing it's not.

Cheers,

Brian.
Brian
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
I agree it is better to do it with suggestion. I can get a lot of mileage out of using waking suggestion routines as impromptu performances. An option would be to use suggestion to make the person unable to continue chewing the "Big Red" gum.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Rattling around in my old brain is a card trick using the principal... Ideas?
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hypnosis effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL