The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A card Merely thought of 2 review by Molim El Barch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I had the pleasure of watching Molim El Barch in his new download video. This is a very nice routine to use over video chat. I love his usage of the envelope in the video as well. I can see many avenues you can go with this effect. I have shared my thoughts with him on this privately. For what he’s asking for his download, it’s not going to hurt to take a look at his creative thoughts. Good job bud, I wish you well with this, and thanks for sharing your idea with me. Here is his link to his effect. www.wondersandmysteries.com
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
It’s a good effect for online show.
I think the correct direct link is this:
https://wondersandmysteries.com/product/......l-barch/
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
How different is this from version I?
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I hope its more original than the name... You would've thought that if you were going to put out some work on thought of card stuff, that you would research it. Which would've shown you a fairly popular book called "A Card Merely Thought Of". I guess we're past that stage of due diligence and care Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Dyoung: Yes, that was my response when I saw the first one, but after hearing some good stuff I picked it up (he was offering a package deal with 2 other effects of his) and it's quite good. And I say that as someone who has Baxter's book as well. Mohim's version is clever and mixes in some ideas I hadn't seen others use. But, the naming is confusing -- as is the naming of this release, since I'm unclear on whether it's a totally new effect or an update on the old one.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I can't really remember the first one... Were they "spelling" cards in their minds on that one (if that makes sense)?

Im quite judgmental, and Im the first to admit it Smile But with this title... I dunno. It really bugs me.
Crewey
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Crewey
Just got this from Molim El Barch. An interesting concept for video presentations. Requires a little bit of work, but worth it for the final effect. The spectator will never figure it out! It is a very nice effect. There are two methods for this. You can also perform it one to one using a similar technique. After a bit of practice I will be trying this out on Zoom. Thanks Molim, another hit.
You can get it from: Molim El Barch www.wondersandmysteries.com.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Still hoping someone can explain how this differs (or is similar) to version 1?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
It’s actually quite different

Send me a PM.
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
I watched the performance and explanation video by Molim El Barch, www.wondersandmysteries.com The effect is quite nice, with two parts of his method being original and 1 part pre known. Personally I wasn't as keen on the performers face covered with a written envelope and the effect could be done with a more professional blindfold, although as they are using their own deck, maybe not much is added by covering your eyes as they know you can't see the faces of their cards or that the cards are marked. I always prefer the audience to see my face and vice versa.

The 'in person' method is different again and Molim shows an easy version of this and it could be done as he suggests with a more difficult method which some of us already know.

Molim is very pleasant and helpful if more help required.

Difficulty level for both effects - quite easy
jeffevans
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jeffevans
I'm looking for magic that I can present virtually, so of course this caught my eye. Molim's video does a thorough job of teaching the routine, and the concept is very interesting and fooled me completely. I haven't tried performing it yet as my Zoom skills aren't quite at that level yet. (There's more going on than the spectator is aware of, of course!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A card Merely thought of 2 review by Molim El Barch (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL