The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polygraph by Alexandros Vasileiou (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
Https://store.theory11.com/products/polygraph

Coin in hand has become a modern classic of mentalism, and the method you are about to learn is completely impromptu. In fact, not only will you be able to tell a spectator which hand they’re hiding a coin in -- you’ll also know if they’re hiding it in one of their pockets, and you’ll also be able to tell if they’ve been lying to you the entire time.

This combination of approaches by Alexandros Vasileiou allows you to reveal far more information than any other psychological or logic-based approach we have ever seen. By asking a few simple questions, you will be able to reveal and deduce everything your spectator is thinking of.

Colin McLeod has also included his opening approach to the “coin in hand” routine, as well as a number of verbal psychological ploys to ensure the process is as psychologically undetectable to your participants as possible.

You will be able to perform this one on one, or with a group of people - in person or online - immediately.
If you’ve always wanted to be able to perform coin in hand, and you want to do it anywhere at anytime (even across the world!), Polygraph is exactly what you’ve been waiting for.

Start learning now with nearly 20 minutes of in-depth, crystal clear instruction by Colin McLeod.
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I’ve been wondering how this compares to the plethora of other “Ring of Truth” style effects. Having read many of them, I feel like we might be getting into method-overlap territory at some point?
//Sean Beard
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Finally someone posts about this! I've been holding off because I was kind of secretly hoping everyone didn't find out about this!

I purchased this last week and have been processing it since then.

I haven't tested it yet, and I only have my initial impressions, but they are good.

This is basically another "layer" to the classic logic puzzle problem. I think on it's own as a truth-teller/liar effect it's pretty cool, BUT if you apply the revamped thinking that Manos put in place in his special release of "Unviel," then you have a truly stunning effect that will absolutely knock the **** out of a group of people.

In here you will learn:

-Colin's opening to which hand: This is a very simple and effective way to start the process of reading minds, influencing, or whatever you tell your audience to get them to give a darn.

-The main effect: This is pretty darn cool! You don't just tell them to hide it in their hands, but also their pockets, and you nail it! Super cool thinking!

-The extended effect: This is what was seen in the trailer with the ever beautiful Joe Diamond on a cluster zoom seession. This alows you to have MULTIPLE PEOPLE hide objects the same way, and with very little process, you tell them all where it is! This is kind of a gift and a curse really because while it is quick and effective, it does take some mental tracking, a little longer "process," and I think repeating the same idea twice in a row does somewhat give things away.

Very very cool release and Colin teaches/hosts it like a champ as always.

I've been away from everything magic and mentalism for a while, but between this and "Trojan Horse Project", you've got a bombshell bit of "propless" surefire performance pieces!

-Jake
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3511 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
@Jacob Smith... how does this compare to THP?
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Totally different to THP.

THP is brilliant!

But this is very much a method for finding a singular hidden object.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
The trailer makes me think of Tequila Hustler. Is this much different from that?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
98.7% different...in my estimation. If anything, it has much more in common with Manos' Verbalist from V2.
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Very reasonable price on this too, I keep thinking about getting it.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Is there a live performance in the tutorial video?

gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
I decided to buy it. There is no live performance in the video.

I would say it actually is very similar to Tequila Hustler. He credits Tequila Hustler in the video and makes a point to say that the method is different. To me it felt like Tequila Hustler 2.0. Already owning Tequila Hustler, I felt like what I really got here is the ability to let the spectator optionally hide the coin in a pocket. Not a completely different method, but still worth the purchase, especially at only $15.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, gummyavenger wrote:
I decided to buy it. There is no live performance in the video.

I would say it actually is very similar to Tequila Hustler. He credits Tequila Hustler in the video and makes a point to say that the method is different. To me it felt like Tequila Hustler 2.0. Already owning Tequila Hustler, I felt like what I really got here is the ability to let the spectator optionally hide the coin in a pocket. Not a completely different method, but still worth the purchase, especially at only $15.

I do agree with you here.

I think the other additional piece of value is hidden away in the subtleties Colin adds. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but there is a few bits in here that really made me go "oh that really makes all these logic-based issues way more invisible."

Loving this so far!

-Jake
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Manos was the first person I performed this for to check it was different.

I also know Tequila Hustler pretty much as well as Elsdon does.

I felt this was different. And actually when performing one on one, I start with my first phase taught on Polygraph, then Tequila Hustler, then end with Polygraph.

Best,
Colin
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Just purchased Polygraph and I gotta say this is absolutely pure genius! I also have and love Tequila Hustler, and will use both methods for a multiple phase routine.
Highly recommended!

Mor
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
The only issue I have is this looking super similar to Tequila Hustler...
However, TQ can't be repeated much.. so if they are a bit similar, yet different.. maybe its a good thing (?) since we could start with one, and continuing with the other..
then finishing off with Timon which hand, as a none-verbal find, could be a killer set.

Interesting.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
One can also combine Polygraph with one or two of the methods from Manos Kartsakis’s V2 book. Some great routines there as well!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The most interesting true advances in this plot for me have been Red Devil's 'Gemini Principle' and Manos principle from V2/Trojan Horse. Can anyone who owns this say specifically how this is an advance/improvement over existing methods? Less process? Fewer questions? More repeatability?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Polygraph by Alexandros Vasileiou (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL