The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Original Version of Banana Bandana (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adequatemagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of adequatemagic
I am trying to get a clean copy of what I believe was the original Banana/Bandana trick (the one with a female voice). I have been using a digitized copy of a version that I originally had on a cassette tape. It has been copied so many times that it has now lost its original quality. Does anyone know where I can find/buy a recording? I know there are many versions out there, but I have very specific reasons for wanting this one. Also, does anyone know who first created the trick?
Here is a link to the version I have https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAd_NxY......=sharing I am looking for a cleaner copy.
I would love to buy a copy of the original cassette.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only thing I can suggest is that you do a search for the Vanishing Bandana on the Café. There is a few posts on it. Then contact those members for help.

I remember that the person that made this effect, suddenly had some kind of trouble and then disappeared, and would not fulfill orders or reply to customers.

You should just make a digital version yourself. Find a female to help you make the recording. Just type out the script and have her read it. If you have a computer and microphone, it should be easy to do. You could put it on your cell phone for shows.

When you get 50 posts you can use the "Let's make a deal" section of the Café to see if anyone wants to sell their version of the this effect.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, adequatemagic wrote:
Also, does anyone know who first created the trick?

If memory serves, Tom Yarborough invented it back in late 1960s/early 1970s but used a Square Circle instead of a Devil's Napkin. It was a comedy gag going back to at least the 1940s before it was incorporated into a trick.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I listened to your audio file and, frankly, it doesn't sound all that bad. Coincidentally I recently ordered a cassette to MP3 converter to digitize this and other cassettes I have. Send a PM with your e-mail address and we can discuss further.

Jeff
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
I have written my own script (based on the other versions for sale) and hired someone on Fiverr to do the voice work for me. It may take some final editing to get the timing right. It's also a good way to customize to your audience with something like "have Bob Smith wipe his face with it", etc.
Ron Spangler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Original Version of Banana Bandana (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL