The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wanting New Show Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
I am looking for some new kids show ideas.

I already offer: Magic Show, Science Show, Bubble Show and the following workshops Bubbles/Magic/Balloons

I was thinking Clown Show...although this does not appeal...or maybe Puppet show.

Anyone out there with a show idea that works and sells well to kids 4-7 years old?

email me at glen@kidspartymagic.com.au

Thanks

Glen
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Obviously the answer would depend on what you do or are willing to learn. Ventriloquism, puppet show, story telling, juggling, etc.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I don't do it myself, but one neat idea I've seen is chalk parties. A person comes and does about a ten minute show drawing on a chalk board. Then all the kids are given sidewalk chalk and color up the sidewalk in front of the birthday boy/girl's house. For younger kids they start them off with basic shape put down before they arrive and have them color it in. It makes quite a social media phenomenon with the pictures taken. Kids get to take chalk and a booklet of ideas/games to play home as party favors. Oftentimes it is coupled with face painting.

See here: https://simply-well-balanced.com/easy-si......or-kids/

Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Thanks for sharing that!
Woodfield
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Well, it's a lot of work, but if a balloon show would be a big hit. I see you're already doing balloon workshops, but a balloon show is something there's demand for. Smarty Pants, out of Chicago, does one, and he gets big bucks for it. Buster Balloon, of course, is another guy doing balloon shows.

Something about balloons is just huge. There's a great appeal for them. I just never wanted to do them as a full show because it's just too much work, to be honest. But if you're looking for something to market, there you go.

The other thought I've had and I will almost certainly do someday (especially if they ever come back in style like they were early to mid 00s) is a pirate show. Definitely something I have a lot of interest in, and I've half written the show already. I think it would be a fun show to do and not too terribly hard to sell.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Many British magicians do a combination of games and magic, with the magician's visit running several hours, and with the majority of the time being spent on the games. I think Magic Dave includes both on his children's videos. It's my understanding that Jolly Rogers, a former Brit now established in Arizona, follows
this format.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Have you thought about sending out a survey to your existing clients? Ask them what kind of show would interest them. Based on your research, you'll know what sort of show would be in demand.

Saves a lot of trouble and heartache if you design a show and find out afterwards it's not marketable!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wanting New Show Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL