The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fall 2.0 by Banachek and Philip Ryan (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I definitely plan to. I wonder if Philip Ryan has anything to say about how trash this is compared to Fall? I feel deceived by the idea that this is the same effect, but with a removable cap. It's not. It may as well be a normal sharpie.
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, sileeni wrote:
Hi Folks,
This looks like a version of Perplexing Pen that was sold years ago. I have one and it still works great. No batteries required. It requires a knack to set it correctly but well worth it, especially with the right glass to make it move, revolve and fall off. Really eerie effect.

I have owned a few versions of this trick over the course of decades. Fall 2.0 doesn't work. It's not that it takes care to set it. That was previous versions.

Hi Autarchicflux,
My apologies as when I said it requires a knack to set it, I was referring to the Perplexing pen.
I don't own Fall 2.0

Best Wishes,

Sileeni.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
I’ve also found it to be extremely inconsistent. Does anyone know if the original fall is more reliable and consistent?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Yeah, the original Fall is incredibly reliable, consistent, and great. It balances on the table really solidly, and then falls off all at once in a very magical-looking movement. You can control it from around 20 seconds to 90 seconds relatively easily with some practice. Shame none of that is true here.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
***. Wonder if there is a way to get the original then. Anybody know who is selling it still?
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Returned mine for a refund. It’s a shame, would have been great if it worked like the first one, but it just doesn’t. Avoid this!!!
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Been working on this. Actually works better than I thought. Just balance it at tipping point. Make sure it is reset prior.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I didn’t realize it was made without consent. I use mine often, still to this day.

It works for me and I like it.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2021, MDantes wrote:
I didn’t realize it was made without consent. I use mine often, still to this day.

It works for me and I like it.

Fall 2.0 was just released in February 2021.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Oh. Then that’s not what I have. Now I see it’s the first version of Fall. Sorry for the confusion.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2021, Scottacorman wrote:
Been working on this. Actually works better than I thought. Just balance it at tipping point. Make sure it is reset prior.

Same experience as I have, works fine I am very happy with it.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Perhaps there's a lot of variation between units.
akurzweil
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of akurzweil
Fall 2.0 arrived a week ago. I've been playing with it every day. It ALWAYS works for me. You must give it time to fully reset--which is easy.The fact that it writes is a real plus. I don't have any of the others (e.g. Fall, first version) so I have nothing to compare it to.I can't wait to use it in a performance. It is totally reliable.
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
Guys, I’m little sad to see the inconsistency in the units and feels worse to see Banachek doesn’t have an idea about the 2.0.

Just to drop in a positive, I am fidgeting with my unit for a few days and practising, it’s working as (what I think) it’s supposed to and hasn’t failed yet.

Also, I can get time as short as 15-20 seconds to over 1.5 mins.

Finally, I don’t have the Original Fall (1st version) so cannot compare to the previous one but won’t complain about the working of this one.

Keep’em falling!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmmm.... mixed reviews on this. Though, it seems like this needs more than just "some" tinkering which is fine. If people who have put the time in the get it right and say it works as advertised then might be worth it. Though, I hope Banachek got things resolved...
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Chrishue
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of Chrishue
The first version is definitely better. I wish they didn't upgrade it to 2.0...
brooklynwizard
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of brooklynwizard
It simply requires a little tinkering. For those having trouble, consider HOW it works, which is not really discussed in the video. You need to reset it fully and then make sure it's close to the tipping point. I'm averaging 30 seconds - 1 minute. It's a solid product. Video is lacking.
akurzweil
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of akurzweil
Dear colleagues, As I said in my last post, Fall 2.0 works well for me every time. I bought a 2nd one (I always have 2 of every trick I will use just in case I misplace or damage it) and it too works great...Every time! I would suggest that rather than compare it to other effects, you look at this one objectively. You have to practice(!) with it to learn just which spot you want to use, but then it works just as you'd expect. A few tips: 1) the edge you use it with needs to be sharp, not rounded. It's easier to set it in the correct place with a sharp edge.I purchased a clear plexiglas brick. It looks beautiful and, if necessary, it helps to "prove" it's not on a gimmicked surface. It looks great. It doesn't work as well on the edge of a drinking glass, 2)experiment and practice at least a few dozen times and you will learn just where to put the pen, 3)make sure it's fully reset. It's easy to do and takes seconds, 4)I use a clear cake dome as seen on the video. It looks beautiful too, 5)Don't be so critical until you invest the time to learn how it works and how it doesn't work. If you don't experiment with it enough, you are doing it a disservice and judging too quickly...There may have been other items similar to this one that you like better, but I don't have any experience with them. Fall 2.0, at face value, is a great effect and doesn't deserve the harsh criticism it has received in my opinion. I've already demonstrated it to a few people and they are WOWed by it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just got this and love it! Works perfectly and with a little practice you can have the Sharpie fall at different times. So glad I picked this up. Love that you can write with it. This is going to be a fantastic tool.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fall 2.0 by Banachek and Philip Ryan (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL