The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Slink (Russian Wedding Ring) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BillParky
View Profile
Regular user
Atherton,Manchester,U.K.
123 Posts

Profile of BillParky
I bought a booklet describing how to perform this effect quite a few months ago. The only prop needed is a Russian Wedding Ring which is three separate finger rings linked together.
I've tried to obtain a cheap version of this (Ben Harris the author of the booklet suggests a few dollars would be appropriate) but I can't find anything this side of the pond.
Anyone got any ideas on this and does anyone perform this effect and if so, what do you think?
Bill Smile
ps I'm also looking for a source of a 5" dia. brass ring made of, say, 1/4" dia. rod for the 'On Again,Off Again' effect by Joe Rindfleisch described in Elastrix 2. I'm currently using a wooden curtain ring but it's not ideal. Any ideas?
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
I picked up the rings at a stand in a local mall. It cost about $7, if I remember correctly. If you want some of my ideas on this effect, check out Ben's special guest forum down below...I started a thread on it there with a bunch of ideas.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Here's a direct link to it for you...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......64&1
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Slink (Russian Wedding Ring) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL