The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW CYLINDER AND COIN ROUTINE! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
So I showed this a while ago on my channel and thought I would release my handling on it. Check out the trailer for it here. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsafMDI......=SamKing

Cheers!
baal
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of baal
Trailer looks cool but where can I watch the whole routine?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
I am guessing the whole routine may not be shown due to people trying to figure out the routine.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, baal wrote:

Routine can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7Kz-M1Ddk

Sam! Your handmade cylinders are beautiful. I dig the tie-dye but you should add an all black version, like used in the trailer, to your Etsy shop.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Interest piqued- but definitely need to see the whole routine first. If it flows nice, makes some sense(as much as a coin, cork shaving and leather sleeve can) with a killer finish I'm in.

If it's just 'hey look- coin goes in first, then the cork on top. Which is on top? Wrong! Lets try again...' then I'm out.

I understand being concerned about those in the know figuring it out based on an unedited performance, but if the props are well made and the routine is well thought out, people will buy.(Ex.: Shadow wallet).

DISREGARD: Posted this before the performance link when up.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
To be clear, I don't know if this is the full routine taught. I just saw it on Sam's YouTube.
baal
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of baal
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, scott0819 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, baal wrote:

Routine can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7Kz-M1Ddk

Sam! Your handmade cylinders are beautiful. I dig the tie-dye but you should add an all black version, like used in the trailer, to your Etsy shop.

Both routine and your cylinders look awesome! Take my money!
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Yep the full performance has been uploaded. Was one of my first videos I put on Youtube. The version taught is pretty much exactly the same just more streamlined. There's some nice bits in there that you could add to an existing routine. Or if you found the original too intimidating then you could use this as an alternative. Only uses one coin so its much more approachable. If you pick it up be sure to leave a review!

The all black cylinders will be up on my Esty at some point today.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Vagabondleatherco

Keep your eye out here if interested!

Thank you everyone!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Sam,

Do you include the end caps and straps with your coin cylinder?

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Sam,

Do you include the end caps and straps with your coin cylinder?

Mark

I will be yes. The ones up there in the photo are just the cylinders. Will update it all today!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Wonderfully refreshing version of a classic. I may have struggled attempting to learn the full version, and never was able to, but this version I believe I have a partial chance.

Thanks
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Okay so I've put up the etsy page for the Coin Cylinders with the caps as well. Ill include a my Cylinder and Coin routine with any that are bought for a limited time! Ill put up some of the more unique cylinders every now and then on the page too. MARBLE DYEING IS MESSY! Enjoy!

https://etsy.me/2ZRA3rC
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Sam,

You picture a brown one. How do I order that vs. the all-black one?

Edit: After putting one in the cart, I see that it shows Primary color is Black and Secondary color is Brown. I added a note, I only want the Brown one. Please cancel my order if Brown (as pictured in your photos) is not available.

Order placed! Will you email me the routine or will the link be included in the package?

Mark
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Sam,

You picture a brown one. How do I order that vs. the all-black one?

Edit: After putting one in the cart, I see that it shows Primary color is Black and Secondary color is Brown. I added a note, I only want the Brown one. Please cancel my order if Brown (as pictured in your photos) is not available.

Order placed! Will you email me the routine or will the link be included in the package?

Mark

Yep Sorry I messed up the colour options in the form. All fixed now. Will send you the brown one and send through the routine to you now! Cheers!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, sammyshowtime wrote:

Yep Sorry I messed up the colour options in the form. All fixed now. Will send you the brown one and send through the routine to you now! Cheers!

Thanks, Sam. I messaged you back on etsy. The code you gave me for the download, well, I can't find a place to input it. Even after putting the routine in the cart, there's no spot to enter a code. Just an option for a credit card or PayPal (and PayPal gives an error if I click on it).

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Sam got back to me and I was able to download the instructional video via a different link. I've already watched the 20-minute video and I want to applaud Sam for doing a terrific job both in the explanation and the quality of the video. Sam uses multiple camera angles and shows each move several times. Frankly, I wish all instructional videos were this well done!

Excellent job, Sam! Thank you very much! I can't wait to receive my gorgeous new cylinder!

Mark
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Sam got back to me and I was able to download the instructional video via a different link. I've already watched the 20-minute video and I want to applaud Sam for doing a terrific job both in the explanation and the quality of the video. Sam uses multiple camera angles and shows each move several times. Frankly, I wish all instructional videos were this well done!

Excellent job, Sam! Thank you very much! I can't wait to receive my gorgeous new cylinder!

Mark

Cheers Mark!

I've figured out the etsy order form and download code now! Glad you enjoyed the routine!

Sam
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I have a beautiful Morgan stack and cylinder from Todd Lassen that I bought in anticipation of getting the Tim Conover book, but who knows it that book will ever be published. So in the meantime I will get Sam’s one coin routine and give that a go.
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
Love the routine... Two questions... where can I get one of the wallets you feature in the performance that holds the coin and cork? Second question is where can I buy the tutorial?

Been a big fan of cylinder and coins, and you're right ... the original form is intimidating.

mG
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, ATXTimeLord wrote:
Love the routine... Two questions... where can I get one of the wallets you feature in the performance that holds the coin and cork? Second question is where can I buy the tutorial?

Been a big fan of cylinder and coins, and you're right ... the original form is intimidating.

mG

I second that.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW CYLINDER AND COIN ROUTINE! (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL