The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Thinking out loud. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Due to work pressure it has been a while since I last posted. I see the board is as vibrant as ever with divided loyalties and back slapping and stabbing, making this the cool place to post !
So my two pence worth.
I eat, sleep and live entertainment, I have to as it pays the rent and all else.
I used to post my future venues so those who wished could visit and talk shop.Not any more as this started to interfear with the job in hand. I still work every week between March and December with escapes, plus infrequent shows throughout the rest of the year. With such a volume of work one would expect to bump into other escapologists working the run in the UK. Not so, as to my knowledge there are none. Up to a few years ago Dante,JC Diamond and Janson were often seen on the run, not any more. So where are the UK escape artists working ? From forums on the web I gather that an awefull lot of theatrical licence is being used, proberly as some people get off on pretence, that`s OK with me, each to their own but lets keep things in context and reality with each other.
Now to upset a few.
Just returned from half way around the Globe, a four fig contract for a twenty minet challenge escape.No Press, no fame, no proof of anything, this was known to only a handfull of EA`s.So what. Why blab about it, this is my job.
This gag was made possible due to a few experts in their own fields, their expertise made my escape possible, I was the presenter of their imagination.
I would like to thank A Burford for his expertise with explosives,Steve Santini for his idea shared with all of us on this forum many moons ago,Ian McColl for the very special SSJ made to measure,M Hanzlik for the turned bar and my partner Pat, for letting me do it.
You see, to those of us who rely on others for their own success, you are the backbone of the escapology world ,Steve and Ian, two of the greatest assets available today for the benefit of all escapologists, respect, I care not for squabbles or politics but I do understand your passion.yes gentlemen Ian and Steve have something that is the essence of what we do, passion.Right or wrong, what the hell,they are both prepared to stand up and be counted, both have a place in my corner when the going gets tough. Guess that`s bugged both of them off!
My friends, never loose that passion.

I tap with one finger, my hands are burnt and although I continue to work (Contracts insist) I am in no small ammount of pain, I shall return here in a few weeks when the body is well,,,,for the record,performing the torn to pieces escape between Monster Trucks at Pickering Rally, squashed by a Steam Roller at Astel Park,four days at the Great Dorset (Doing as little as possible) followed by Bromyard, Wolverhampton etc etc with the 489th challenge` escape at Wakehurst Place in Sussex (Bank Holiday).Anyone with a passion for the job,come buy me a drink.

This week will be talking to the Womens Institute for a £25 fee !!!
Then on to a kids Hospice for nothing,it`s great to be an entertainer and so varied.

For those of you who are miffed with the present agro on the go, have faith, it`s all a put up job to keep you glued to this thread,,,,,come on now,,,,bet you check in every hour or so.

Remember, when the heat from the fire is cooking your own flesh, when you struggle to escape from a SSJ and barb wire cuts into your neck with each move you make, then and only then will you start to see how special all you Guys and Girls are.

Kondini.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks for the very inspirational post Ken. It's always great when you stop by. If I ever get to the UK, I would surely love to see you perform and buy you a pint.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On 2004-06-15 14:07, Kondini wrote:

This week will be talking to the Womens Institute for a £25 fee !!!
Then on to a kids Hospice for nothing,it`s great to be an entertainer and so varied.

Many years ago -- when I didn't know any better -- I used to turn down this kind of work! That was a BIG mistake! These "small group" shows nearly always lead on to more work and extended contacts, especially with WI, RBL, Retirement Fellowship's etc.
Just wish I'd studied mindreading, then I wouldn't have found myself working a few miles from Kondini's home on the day he was working a few miles from mine! Smile

Quote:

For those of you who are miffed with the present agro on the go, have faith, it`s all a put up job to keep you glued to this thread,,,,,come on now,,,,bet you check in every hour or so.

I'm thinking of putting a shaver point next to the computer! Smile

Thanks for the post Ken -- catch up with you soon, mate!

Riley
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello All

Well what can you say about our pal "Kondini', who is literly the hardesr working EA out there Today, as well as being an authority on the legendary 'Fenton Lock"

Thank you again for your past help/advice.

Hope you & Pat have a Great summer.

Michael Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Thinking out loud. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL