The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Walter Gibson's 4-Door Production Cabinet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
Hi everybody....

I decided I wanted to try my hand at constructing my own 4-door production cabinet, from a sketch-up by Walter Gibson and I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind considering.

For the record, I'm no George Ledo or Michael Baker, both of whose work I've grown to admire, if not envy. I believe that I can do justice to Mr. Gibson's creation and simply wish to refine it as much as I can.

Do you have any suggestions for the door hinges? I mean, as far as keeping them "tucked away" and still operate smoothly?

Also, I was considering the use of Baltic Birch for the construction; then staining it for a more "dignified" finish. Or, would you (anyone) suggest perhaps a more exotic wood, since this is going to be a personal part of my collection.

Thank you!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The original (in Klosterman collection) is painted green, yellow and red.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Cowart
View Profile
New user
Deep South USA
45 Posts

Profile of Ron Cowart
For some reason, that fact escaped me Richard. Thank you for the reply. I do intend on posting a photo, here, of my finished piece.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Walter Gibson's 4-Door Production Cabinet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL