The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New deck order to Si Stebbins stack (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt71
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Matt71
Anyone know the name of the trick to get a deck from NDO to Si Stebbins stack? I think Darwin Ortiz published this one. If so, which workshop is it in?
Thanks a bunch!
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Darwin Ortiz "at the card table". It's called the "si stebbins secret"
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Patrick Redford also has work on it in Temporarily out of Order. It's similar to the Ortiz method.
Matt71
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Matt71
Fantastic! Thanks you guys!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here's my less-than-perfect but do-able solution I posted some time ago that some may find useful:

https://jackshalom.net/2015/03/03/uspcc-ndo-to-si-stebbins/
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2021, landmark wrote:
Here's my less-than-perfect but do-able solution I posted some time ago that some may find useful:

https://jackshalom.net/2015/03/03/uspcc-ndo-to-si-stebbins/

Jeez, just switch the darn deck.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
For those interested in performing the Si Stebbins Secret as its own effect, I give you SWISS.

SWISS stands for Shake Well into Si Stebbins. It combines the presentation of John Bannons Shake Well before Using (Smoke and Mirrors) with Darwin Ortizs clever system for getting from NDO to Si Stebbins stack.

If you know the secret to Darwin Ortizs method, this should be fairly easy to follow and replicate.

Enjoy!
Scott Baird.

www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
SleightlySpooky
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of SleightlySpooky
Patrick Redford also has Thought Master, which is amazing for getting into stack right under your spectator’s noses.
J3
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
170 Posts

Profile of J3
There's also a method using faros in the Cardiste magazine which is available on lybrary.com
AlxRosekoski
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of AlxRosekoski
This doesn’t get si stebbins stack from NDO, but you could always faro shuffle the deck eight times with the deck starting in si stebbins order, although I myself can’t even faro shuffle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New deck order to Si Stebbins stack (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL