The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » signatures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

liormanor
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
114 Posts

Profile of liormanor
Hi
I am looking for some signature effects methods and routines.
I remember hearing about a diminishing signature on a card
or something like that and then something that was sold in FISM:
special deck that will copy your signature.
Ricky Jay is doing something with a "contract" that you sign and then he tear it
and everything get a new meaning.
What is the source for this idea.

Thanks for the help
Lior Manor
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Basically any card trick that involves a selection can be used as a "signature" effect, especially if the card ends up in an impossible location (like your wallet). Some specific card effects that revolve around the spectator's signature are:
Anniversary Waltz.
Oz Deposit and Tattoo You - both found in Bannon's book Smoke and Mirrors.
Your Signed Card - Secrets of Brother Hamman.
Most Torn and Restored Card effects.
Backlash- Art of Astonishment, Harris
etc....

Those are just off the top of my head. There are too many to list, but you get the idea.
I hope that helped.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
David Williamson had a routine, in the Kaufman produced book I believe, where you peel the signature from a signed card.

Stephen Tucker has just put a packet effect on the market where a spectator signs a card and suddenly there are forgeries of the signature everywhere, it looked good, possibly called "Forgery".

I saw about 30 years ago, Maurice Deighton "alter" a contract using the "Out To Lunch" principle on postcard sized cards, the message changed to say that the spectator would give away any large prizes won to the magician, it was part of a funny seven keys routine. It used to be in his lecture notes.

The source of Ricky Jay's routine could quite possibly be Ricky Jay,and he might not want others duplicating his routine! Smile

Paul.
liormanor
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
114 Posts

Profile of liormanor
Thanks Paul for the info.
I am loking for the diminshing signature

and if you know about something new and fresh
I know all the old ones ( I Hope)

Lior
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
You can use Gaeton Bloom's Intercessor gimmick for signed card effects.

I agree with Cardguy, Anniverary Waltz is killer. There is a wooden cupid's arrow effect similar to Anniversary Waltz, but I cannot think of the name of it.

The signature transfer you mentioned comes out of South America. I have it at the shop and will check the name and producer for you. I will have the information in about a week.

There are some torn and restored card effects on the market using a signature. Ripped and Restored is probably the best of these.
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I have an effect called '1 Trick 2 Names' which utilises a signature. It's the same effect as the Dream Card but the card on the table is red backed while the selection is blue backed.

If you're interested, let me know.

Cheers,

Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » signatures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL