The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perspective (Illusion Series) by Julio Montoro (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Have you ever tried to play with the perspective of an object?

We all know that if you put something closer to your eyes, that thing looks much bigger than other objects at the back of them. With the new creation of Julio Montoro, you can use this plot to do an impossible thing: play with the perspective!

Perspective is an effect thought for your social media and ZOOM shows where you will take two parts of a King of Clubs and play with the perspective of it with your viewers. You have to watch the trailer to understand how impossible this looks!

You will receive two amazing perspectives: a King of Clubs and a Starbucks' business card.

You will also get a tutorial where Julio Montoro will show you how to perform this in an amazing way.

You cannot miss this amazing optical illusion! Get yours now!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69546

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That's cool!
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
Is the gimmick that is disposable and you will need to buy refills? Or can you just reset it and do it for unlimited times?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Cool ! Only works for social media correct ? This would be nice if you can perform this in the real world .
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Please can we have a new sub forum for bloody social media rubbish.
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, pegasus wrote:

Can we also have a sub forum for Pegasus useless negative comments ?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Does it work with all types of computers, laptops, Ipads, Galaxy Pads, and cell phones (Android/Iphone)?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Huh, very cool looking. That guy sort of reminds me of Peter Loughran.

I agree Tophatter, if this worked in a live setting that would be killer!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, RNK wrote:

Unfortunately you can’t recreate the giant hand in a real live setting to cover the dirty work.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, RNK wrote:

It certainly is reminiscent of Peter Loughran, a blast from the past.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, makulit974 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, pegasus wrote:

Can we also have a sub forum for Pegasus useless negative comments ?

No!!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I love the plot, it's very creative concept.

Joel.
JulioMontoro
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JulioMontoro
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2021, aechecop wrote:
Is the gimmick that is disposable and you will need to buy refills? Or can you just reset it and do it for unlimited times?

Julio Montoro here! You don't need to buy refills as you always use the same gimmick for all the performances. I still using the first prototype I did about 7/8 months ago and still working as if it was the first day! I hope this help you my friend!
JulioMontoro
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JulioMontoro
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, tophatter wrote:
Cool ! Only works for social media correct ? This would be nice if you can perform this in the real world .

Ey dude! This effect was created for social media purpose, but last week, in Villa Kaps, Dani DaOrtiz told me he had a similar concept years ago that he used to perform in live. He explained me how he did it and allowed me to explain it in the tutorial. I have to admit that his performance was really clever (you know, if it is from Dani, it is good haha). I'm planning posting a quick home-made video in the tutorial page explaining the method Dani gave me. It will be uploaded by the beginning of next week! So the answer for your question is: I really thought this effect couldn't be performed in live, but thanks to Dani, now it does!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
This is out now and aside from a mixed review on the Penguin site, which focuses on the single gimmick provided and how easy it was for the purchaser to mess up the construction, there's little chatter. Has anyone picked this up yet?
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I get mine today. I make scans from the Gimmicks to print it out before I make the first Gimmick ready to perform. So later I can print it out and glue it on a real card. I like the idea but no clue how I can ripp the card in front of the camera. So you have to start by showing the two halfs in front of the camera.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Also curious to read some additional thoughts. Thinking of taking the plunge myself.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Bought this. Happy with my purchase, but upon revisiting the trailer, I'd have to say there's a bit of misleading editing....

You can't tear the card on camera then proceed with the trick without dipping below the frame. Good thing is, as long as you are careful prepping the original gimmicks you won't technically need refills because nothing is destroyed.

Great plot, good execution. Would recommend. I haven't seen the additional Dani DaOrtiz version though. Will that be uploaded soon?
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I've been messing around with social media effects during quarantine out of boredom, and recently picked this up. For what it is, I like it. I have a few ideas of how I can tear the card on camera and proceed with the effect. The one thing extra I wish this included was a pdf of the starbucks card, or at least make refills available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perspective (Illusion Series) by Julio Montoro (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL