The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Springing Cards Pressure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
My question is pretty straight-forward...I think. I've just started tackling springing the cards, and I realized I do not know how to apply the pressure. Do I press the deck mainly with my fingers to run the cards off of my thumb? Should thumb pressure force the cards off of my fingertips? Or do I actively press with both my thumb and fingers to spring them simultaneously off of both thumb and fingers? Does it make a difference? How do you do it?

Thanks for responding.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
You spring off one or the other but it has to only be one otherwise cards spring all over the place. I think many people start springing off of the thumb because it's easier to use the body to help catch. Springing off the fingers gives you a head start on the pressure fan.
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Good points Frank. Thanks.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
Aintnothingbutachickenwing
View Profile
New user
Dublin Ireland
20 Posts

Profile of Aintnothingbutachickenwing
I generally use my fingers to press and push into my thumb, I find it's all about what you find most comfortable to yourself
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Springing Cards Pressure (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL