The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Full Deck Stack Story (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StreetWitch
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
64 Posts

Profile of StreetWitch
I'm looking for a full deck stack that would make a good story and get some laughs.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Kent Gunn offers a sweet manuscript on Lybrary website titled THERE AND BACK AGAIN. Within those pages, he offers excellent advice on building a deck stack to tell a story that is uniquely yours. Kent offers his own refreshing story as an example...and performs a trick during the telling of his story, that lends some breadth to already entertaining Sam The Bellhop variants featured in video. I liked it!
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1178 Posts

Profile of Chris
Here is a list of story deck effect sources: https://www.lybrary.com/story-deck-effects-a-4.html
It is not complete but pretty extensive. If anybody knows additional sources please let me know.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Luke Jermay has a manuscript of The Story Deck, with his typical terrific insight and thoughts:

https://sellfy.com/jermay/p/the-story-deck/
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
And don't miss out on many discussions about story decks in the Café forum, "Once Upon a Time"! Lynn
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
StreetWitch, the following don't use a full deck but might be worthy of consideration:
One For The Boys (Of Summer), Magic magazine, September 1994. (Baseball story line by Walt Rollins) This story uses 30 cards.
Hattie's at 345, Genii magazine, November 1966. (Story similar to Sam the Bellhop by Max Terhune) This story uses 32 cards.
Paul Revere's Ride, MUM magazine, March 1981 (Story based on the Paul Revere Ride poem by Lamont McConnell). This story uses 19 cards including one double facer.
Regards,
Barry
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
The most entertaining version, in my honest opinion, is 'Wide Boy' by Ken Brooke.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Full Deck Stack Story (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL