The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Busking with a guitar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Nobody would hit you, but ya might get picked up by the po-po :o (that's police in ebonics Smile)
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A pop-eye what are you on about?
Mario
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Has anybody ever tried doing silent manipulation ,working with a musician.Going for a trickle,as a grind?
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
The only guitar act I've personally seen make decent cash was a pair of guys (Named Mario and Luigi, really!) who busked at the tables of outdoor restaurants in Italy. They were both around 60 years old and could play ANY song requested. I imagine they're still there, Mario is almost always at Piazza del Pantheon. I never saw them get asked for a song they didn't know. They didn't really work this to its full advantage, but clearly it worked pretty well for them.

I knew a cellist who performed solo on the street and made good cash, probably because cello isn't something you see every day on the sidewalk.

Personally, I had a great gig going in Europe street singing. No accompanist, guitar, tape, or otherwise. Just my voice and a hat. I raked it in (Boy, those were the days). Unfortunately, here in Phoenix that particular gig went out the window for acoustical reasons. Too much traffic to drown out the sound and few places with foot traffic that had buildings close enough together to contain the sound. I refused to switch to being amplified because the fact that I could single-handedly fill a plaza with sound was a large part of my draw. (Man I LOVED the plazas in Italy, compact with tall buildings on every side and hardly any cars save the odd taxi).

To quote the movie "Gypsy," "You gotta get a gimmick." If you can make your guitar act unique and memorable in some way, you're set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Busking with a guitar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL